Confused PLEASE HELP ANY1 ITS URGENT

Danield

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
Im in a bit of a dilema i dont no which card 2 buy the radeon x800gt or the radeon x800gto i have a regular monitor 1024x768 (not flat screen) have a dell dimension 4700 with pcie x16 card slot i want the card for gaming mainly which card should i buy anyone please :? any more info would be very useful thank you

Detson

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah, real urgent...uh...what do you want to know? The GTO is faster, but more expensive. That's pretty much all I can tell you without googling it....which you should do, btw. I'd get the GTO b/c the price difference isn't all that great for the performance increase. Do you know if your power supply can handle the strain? Many OEM systems lack the wattage needed for a high-end graphics card.

margag_

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2005
oem stands for originaly equiped manufacturer, means your computer was built by a manufacturer from many diffent pieces with diffrent brands. ex : in cars chevrolet is a oem but chevrolet did not build the cd player in the car. chevrolet equipped the car with a oem cd player made by somebody else.

Usually the wattage of your power supply is on a sticker located on the power supply it self. there are electrical details on it.

these performance card requires a power supply of around 400w or more
(bigger is better here)this number represent a kind of max power output for the multiple volts line in it 12volts 5volts ect..

the important part for your video card is the 12volts line amps.

post it here total wattage of power supply and amp for 12volts line
so somebody can tell you if the card will work or if you have to buy a new power supply.