Error "The data area passed to a system call is too small"..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Good day, I am receiving this error when I try to print a
test page on a Network Printer. The full error message
is ...

"Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the
print trouble shooter for assistance? The data area
passed to a system call is too small."

Would anyone know what I should do to resolve this problem?

Thank you
Teka
1 answer Last reply
More about error data area passed system call small
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

    A couple of ideas that may help...

    Error Message: An Error Occurred Printing the File - The Data Area Passed to
    a System Call Is Too Small (822779)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;822779

    Shared Printers Are Unavailable After a Server Restart (185792)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;185792

    Err Msg: Printer Setting Could Not Be Saved. Data Area Passed to a System
    Call Is Too Small. (216814)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;216814

    Error Message: The Data Area Passed to a System Call Is Too Small (273023)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;273023

    In case there is port corruption, you may also want to delete the printer,
    remove the port in the registry, and try re-creating it again.

    Cheers,
    Dimce

    "teka" <tekab@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Good day, I am receiving this error when I try to print a
    > test page on a Network Printer. The full error message
    > is ...
    >
    > "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the
    > print trouble shooter for assistance? The data area
    > passed to a system call is too small."
    >
    > Would anyone know what I should do to resolve this problem?
    >

    > Thank you
    > Teka

Network Printer Error Message Microsoft Windows