Ghost Printing

leadhead

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I have an odd problem. Have directed all clients to use a new print
server, yet some are still using the old print server. All drivers for
the old print server were removed from the clients and the new drivers
installed but there are a few machines that continue to use the old
drivers (that are not even there anymore). Has anyone experienced this
before? If So what was the problem?

LeadHead

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Those clients may have some old setting in the registry - try removing the
printer, deleting the drivers, and the printer's corresponding settings in
the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\
(back-up the key first, re-import if any issues)

Steps to Manually Remove and Reinstall a Printer Driver (135406)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;135406

Cheers,
Dimce