NT new printer permissions

Andrew

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

When you create a printer in Windows NT, it inherits a
default set of permissions. Is there any way that I can
customise the permissions that are assigned to newly-
created printers (i.e. I can set it to inherit the
permissions that I specify) or is this something hard-
coded to the OS that cannot be altered?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

It's hardcoded.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you create a printer in Windows NT, it inherits a
> default set of permissions. Is there any way that I can
> customise the permissions that are assigned to newly-
> created printers (i.e. I can set it to inherit the
> permissions that I specify) or is this something hard-
> coded to the OS that cannot be altered?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

But you can always set/change the permission from the printer properties =>
security tab

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---