Create Icons

August 14, 2004 11:45:46 AM

How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?

Thanks

More about : create icons

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:19:41 PM

| "Jon M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Message news:63a301c4820d$61d15130$a401280a@phx.gbl
| How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?

See the following Microsoft Documentation that (to quote the
Summary):

"...discusses how to design and create colorful and
dynamic icons for Windows XP using a vector program, such as
FreeHand or Illustrator, and Photoshop. (19 printed pages)"

MSDN Home | MSDN Library | Windows Development
Windows XP | Creating Windows XP Icons
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

NOTE: If you are trying to specify a particular icon for a
shortcut, it is possible to use a *.bmp as the icon. Just click
the Shortcut tab, and click the Change Icon button and browse to
the location of your *.bmp file.
August 14, 2004 10:00:19 PM

"Jon M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?

Get an icon editor which can do this. You may find such software here:
http://www.tucows.com/, http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/

--
(tm)
August 15, 2004 12:13:26 AM

The easiest way I know is to use Axialis Iconworkshop. You just open your
image in the program and then click on the "convert image to icon" option
and voila!

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.
"Jon M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?
>
> Thanks
August 16, 2004 2:01:57 PM

"Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<cflo8k$qn4$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> The easiest way I know is to use Axialis Iconworkshop. You just open your
> image in the program and then click on the "convert image to icon" option
> and voila!
>
> Cheers.
>
> Si

I use SlavaSoft Paint Express. Just create a new Icon and select the
file from wich to create. You can download it from www.download.com
searching for Paint Express.
!