Create Icons

How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about create icons

    PCWorld.com - Picture to Icon Converter v1.0
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22323,00.asp

    "Jon M" wrote:

    > How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?
    >
    > Thanks

    | "Jon M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | Message news:63a301c4820d$61d15130$a401280a@phx.gbl
    | How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?

    See the following Microsoft Documentation that (to quote the
    Summary):

    "...discusses how to design and create colorful and
    dynamic icons for Windows XP using a vector program, such as
    FreeHand or Illustrator, and Photoshop. (19 printed pages)"

    MSDN Home | MSDN Library | Windows Development
    Windows XP | Creating Windows XP Icons
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/winxpicons.asp

    NOTE: If you are trying to specify a particular icon for a
    shortcut, it is possible to use a *.bmp as the icon. Just click
    the Shortcut tab, and click the Change Icon button and browse to
    the location of your *.bmp file.

    "Jon M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How do I create a icon from a scanned logo?

    Get an icon editor which can do this. You may find such software here:
    http://www.tucows.com/, http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/

    --
    (tm)

    The easiest way I know is to use Axialis Iconworkshop. You just open your
    image in the program and then click on the "convert image to icon" option
    and voila!

    Cheers.

    Si

    --
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

    "Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<cflo8k$qn4$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
    > The easiest way I know is to use Axialis Iconworkshop. You just open your
    > image in the program and then click on the "convert image to icon" option
    > and voila!
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    > Si

    I use SlavaSoft Paint Express. Just create a new Icon and select the
    file from wich to create. You can download it from www.download.com
    searching for Paint Express.

Microsoft Icons Windows XP