Add Printer Wizard Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Hello,

When I try to add a new printer using Add Printer Wizard,
the "My Computer" option is greyed out, leaving only
the "Network Printer Server" option available. Please
help.

Bong.

"Bong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I try to add a new printer using Add Printer Wizard,
> the "My Computer" option is greyed out, leaving only
> the "Network Printer Server" option available. Please
> help.
>
> Bong.

Sounds like you don't have admin rights to the computer. (Is this your own
home computer, or a computer on the network at your place of work? If it's
the latter, you might need your network admin/IT department to help you
out.)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Hello thanks for the reply, but I am logged in as the
Administrator. I have fiddled around with the user rights
but with no luck.

Bong.

What OS version are you using?

Can you add a printer driver or a port?

--
Felix Maxa
Windows Printing Team

> Hello thanks for the reply, but I am logged in as the
> Administrator. I have fiddled around with the user rights
> but with no luck.
>
> Bong.

TRENDING THREADS