Setting up a printer to be a network printer

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Help!! Mac user trying to work out how to install a samsung ML-7000 as a
network printer on windows NT4 server, the printer has a network card and
is plugged into the network(ethernet), the Macs see it with out any setting
changes on the server but the PC's don't please help

Not very NT savvy so idiots guide please?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

You would install the print drivers on the server (as a network printer not
local), once installed right click on the printer (start settings printer)
and select sharing, to share the printer.

From a PC browse My network places (network neighborhood) and double click
on the server the print drivers for the printer is installed on. Depending
on the PC OS as to what you do next to install the printer, with Win 2k and
XP I think it is "connect" don't remember for Win 98 or 95.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE