Can't stay connected

Charlie

I am using dlink DI624 wireless router (hardwired) connected to a desktop
running XP SP2 connected to a CNET NIC. I cannot get the network to stay
connected to the router for more than 5 seconds before disconnect. It stays
disconnected for about 4 - 5 seconds and reconnects for another 5 seconds.
This goes back and forth and doesn't stay connected or disconnected long.
Any ideas?
--
Thanks, Charlie

Check for interference in your area. 2.4Ghz phones or Microwaves.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using dlink DI624 wireless router (hardwired) connected to a desktop
> running XP SP2 connected to a CNET NIC. I cannot get the network to stay
> connected to the router for more than 5 seconds before disconnect. It
> stays
> disconnected for about 4 - 5 seconds and reconnects for another 5 seconds.
> This goes back and forth and doesn't stay connected or disconnected long.
> Any ideas?
> --
> Thanks, Charlie

Charlie

Thanks, Matt. The reason I put the main desktop where it is located, is
because I have no telephones or any other interferences in or around the
room. You are right, they can cause big problems
--
Thanks, Charlie

"Matt Gibson" wrote:

> Check for interference in your area. 2.4Ghz phones or Microwaves.
>
> Matt Gibson - GSEC
>
> "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using dlink DI624 wireless router (hardwired) connected to a desktop
> > running XP SP2 connected to a CNET NIC. I cannot get the network to stay
> > connected to the router for more than 5 seconds before disconnect. It
> > stays
> > disconnected for about 4 - 5 seconds and reconnects for another 5 seconds.
> > This goes back and forth and doesn't stay connected or disconnected long.
> > Any ideas?
> > --
> > Thanks, Charlie

Hmm.

Have you tried another WNIC?

Tried moving the WAP to another channel? (Try 1 6 or 11).

> Thanks, Matt. The reason I put the main desktop where it is located, is
> because I have no telephones or any other interferences in or around the
> room. You are right, they can cause big problems
> --
> Thanks, Charlie
>

> "Matt Gibson" wrote:
>
>> Check for interference in your area. 2.4Ghz phones or Microwaves.
>>
>> Matt Gibson - GSEC
>>
>> "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using dlink DI624 wireless router (hardwired) connected to a
>> >desktop
>> > running XP SP2 connected to a CNET NIC. I cannot get the network to
>> > stay
>> > connected to the router for more than 5 seconds before disconnect. It
>> > stays
>> > disconnected for about 4 - 5 seconds and reconnects for another 5
>> > seconds.
>> > This goes back and forth and doesn't stay connected or disconnected
>> > long.
>> > Any ideas?
>> > --
>> > Thanks, Charlie

Charlie

No, I haven't tried that. I will do that after this response. It does
somewhat stay connected now, just intermittent disconnects. Now the problem
has gone to no wireless connection can be established using devices that are
known to work (laptop and PDA). I have tried just about everything I can
think of and find. I really do appreciate your help and response.
--
Thanks, Charlie

"Charlie" wrote:

> I am using dlink DI624 wireless router (hardwired) connected to a desktop
> running XP SP2 connected to a CNET NIC. I cannot get the network to stay
> connected to the router for more than 5 seconds before disconnect. It stays
> disconnected for about 4 - 5 seconds and reconnects for another 5 seconds.
> This goes back and forth and doesn't stay connected or disconnected long.
> Any ideas?
> --
> Thanks, Charlie

TRENDING THREADS