Network Shared Printer Problem

natasha

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I have just installed an Epson Aculaser C900 via an Intel
Netport Express print server, this is attached to an NT4
Server and has been shared on the network. This NT4
Server can print without any problems, but the other
workstations are Win98, and when I try to add the printer
to one of these workwstations I get the following
error "This printer cannot be installed now because its
driver EPKAI1CC.DRV could not be loaded. The driver
or .INF file may be damaged. Restart windows and try
again." These drivers are being installed from the
network, but I cannot see the folder specified on the NT4
server!. I guess that its possibly loadeding the NT4
drivers instead of the Win98 drivers for this printer.
Any assistance would be great, as I can't see the wood for
the trees now!.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I doubt that it's trying to load an NT4 printer driver. A *.drv driver
normally indicates a Win9x driver. Where did you get the Win9x driver from?
Can you try to reinstall the driver on the Win98 machine?

--
Felix Maxa
Windows Printing Team

"natasha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed an Epson Aculaser C900 via an Intel
> Netport Express print server, this is attached to an NT4
> Server and has been shared on the network. This NT4
> Server can print without any problems, but the other
> workstations are Win98, and when I try to add the printer
> to one of these workwstations I get the following
> error "This printer cannot be installed now because its
> driver EPKAI1CC.DRV could not be loaded. The driver
> or .INF file may be damaged. Restart windows and try
> again." These drivers are being installed from the
> network, but I cannot see the folder specified on the NT4
> server!. I guess that its possibly loadeding the NT4
> drivers instead of the Win98 drivers for this printer.
> Any assistance would be great, as I can't see the wood for
> the trees now!.

natasha

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

When running the EPSON installation CD, it asks if
additional drivers are required for other operating
systems i.e. WIN9x, so they would be from the EPSON
Installation CD. However, when adding the printer to a
workstation, it automatically loads, or tries to load
these drivers off the network drive (somewhere, I do not
know where they are coming from?). If I specify Have
disk, I cannot load from a network drive, only the A:
drive, as there are no CD drives in these machines. Will
try and copy some of the files onto a floppy for the A:
drive and see if this helps?

Regards

Natasha

confers no rights.

>"natasha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I have just installed an Epson Aculaser C900 via an Intel
>> Netport Express print server, this is attached to an NT4
>> Server and has been shared on the network. This NT4
>> Server can print without any problems, but the other
>> workstations are Win98, and when I try to add the
printer
>> to one of these workwstations I get the following
>> error "This printer cannot be installed now because its
>> driver EPKAI1CC.DRV could not be loaded. The driver
>> or .INF file may be damaged. Restart windows and try
>> again." These drivers are being installed from the
>> network, but I cannot see the folder specified on the
NT4
>> server!. I guess that its possibly loadeding the NT4
>> drivers instead of the Win98 drivers for this printer.
>> Any assistance would be great, as I can't see the wood
for
>> the trees now!.
>

>.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

On the computer that has the printer, goto to ...
my computer
--> printers
--> epson printer
now, right click the printer icon and select properties.
now, locate the TAB "sharing". Look to see if the radio
button is selected for sharing. If it is good, if not
select it. Then look down on the list of alterante drivers
to load so that other computers can download the proper
drivers when they connect the network share. If you can
not see the Win9x drivers try reloading the epson driver
(if there is an advanced mode try that) cd and try this
process again. Good luck

TRENDING THREADS