XTCE running Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0

Well, I dont post too much but I had to share this photo with you.....
5 answers Last reply
More about xtce running microsoft flight simulator

    Boris Bahes$ wrote:
    > Well, I dont post too much but I had to share this photo with you.....

    Cool! white horse in a blizzard.........

    "Boris Bahes$" <boris.bahes@vk.htnet.hr> wrote in message
    and here is the photo :-)

    What was even more hilarious was the engine sound....like a typewriter on
    steroids :-)

    But it was fun flying it
    Bill

    What is XTCE?

    Barry

    "Boris Bahes$" <boris.bahes@vk.htnet.hr> wrote in message
    and here is the photo :-)

    some DOS emulator...

    "Boris Bahes$" wrote in message
    > Well, I dont post too much but I had to share this photo with you.....

    LOL. Going to have to download and play around with XTCE. Haven't messed
    with new software with my WinCE PDA's for some time, so wasn't even aware of
    XTCE.

    From your screen grab, I take it that this is FS running on a HPC? My PDA's
    are MIPS P/PC (Palm-sized), but looks like XTCE runs on those as well. I'll
    have to play. :^)

    A few years back, I managed to get Sublogic's Flight Simulator 2 (Sublogic's
    FS would be what would become MSFS) to run on my WinCE P/PC. It was the
    TRS-80 Color Computer 3 version of Sublogic's Flight Simulator 2, released
    circa '86 or so. I used the PocketDOS "PC hardware emulator" on the P/PC,
    and then ran a DOS Coco emulator on top of that, then finally Sublogic's FS.
    Actually, there was even another OS involved as this particular FS used an
    OS with the Coco called OS9 by Microware. Even with all the layers of
    hardware emulation and OS emulation, the FS still ran faster on the P/PC
    than it did on a native Coco. LOL. (Been a long time, but if I remember
    right, the Coco's 6809E processor ran at like 680 Kilohertz!)

    Cheers,
    -Eric

Photo Games Microsoft Video Games