XTCE running Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0

Last response: in Video Games
March 14, 2005 1:42:43 AM

Well, I dont post too much but I had to share this photo with you.....
March 14, 2005 1:42:44 AM

Boris Bahes$ wrote:
> Well, I dont post too much but I had to share this photo with you.....

Cool! white horse in a blizzard.........
March 14, 2005 1:42:44 AM

"Boris Bahes$" <boris.bahes@vk.htnet.hr> wrote in message
news:D 12c5i$s0f$1@bagan.srce.hr...
and here is the photo :-)

What was even more hilarious was the engine sound....like a typewriter on
steroids :-)

But it was fun flying it
Bill
March 14, 2005 11:18:34 AM

What is XTCE?

Barry

"Boris Bahes$" <boris.bahes@vk.htnet.hr> wrote in message
news:D 12c5i$s0f$1@bagan.srce.hr...
and here is the photo :-)
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:18:35 AM

some DOS emulator...
March 14, 2005 4:54:16 PM

"Boris Bahes$" wrote in message
> Well, I dont post too much but I had to share this photo with you.....

LOL. Going to have to download and play around with XTCE. Haven't messed
with new software with my WinCE PDA's for some time, so wasn't even aware of
XTCE.

From your screen grab, I take it that this is FS running on a HPC? My PDA's
are MIPS P/PC (Palm-sized), but looks like XTCE runs on those as well. I'll
have to play. :^)

A few years back, I managed to get Sublogic's Flight Simulator 2 (Sublogic's
FS would be what would become MSFS) to run on my WinCE P/PC. It was the
TRS-80 Color Computer 3 version of Sublogic's Flight Simulator 2, released
circa '86 or so. I used the PocketDOS "PC hardware emulator" on the P/PC,
and then ran a DOS Coco emulator on top of that, then finally Sublogic's FS.
Actually, there was even another OS involved as this particular FS used an
OS with the Coco called OS9 by Microware. Even with all the layers of
hardware emulation and OS emulation, the FS still ran faster on the P/PC
than it did on a native Coco. LOL. (Been a long time, but if I remember
right, the Coco's 6809E processor ran at like 680 Kilohertz!)

Cheers,
-Eric
!