API for signal strength value with zero configuration feat..

I found WRAPI could get wireless signal strength value, but to use it
we have to disable zero configuration feature.
(web site: http://sysnet.ucsd.edu/pawn/wrapi/)

Is there any one know WIN32 API to get signal strength value?

I am develop wireless connection related product and need to know
wireless signal strength all time without to know hardware specific.

I guess, in WIN32 may have general API call to get this value.

Please help me and point to me where is, thanls so much.

Kan

OpenNETCF.Net.AccessPoint class only provide Visual Basic and C#
interface member function call.

Is there standard WIN32 C calls?

Thanks.

"kan" wrote:

> I found WRAPI could get wireless signal strength value, but to use it
> we have to disable zero configuration feature.
> (web site: http://sysnet.ucsd.edu/pawn/wrapi/)
>
> Is there any one know WIN32 API to get signal strength value?
>
> I am develop wireless connection related product and need to know
> wireless signal strength all time without to know hardware specific.
>
> I guess, in WIN32 may have general API call to get this value.
>
> Please help me and point to me where is, thanls so much.
>
> Kan

Use WMI query for MSNdis_80211_ReceivedSignalStrength
Details: in WMI newsgroups.

Regards,
--PA

"kan" <kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27591CEA-C1E4-446A-AE6B-A3062903EEFE@microsoft.com...
> OpenNETCF.Net.AccessPoint class only provide Visual Basic and C#
> interface member function call.
>
> Is there standard WIN32 C calls?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "kan" wrote:
>
>> I found WRAPI could get wireless signal strength value, but to use it
>> we have to disable zero configuration feature.
>> (web site: http://sysnet.ucsd.edu/pawn/wrapi/)
>>
>> Is there any one know WIN32 API to get signal strength value?
>>
>> I am develop wireless connection related product and need to know
>> wireless signal strength all time without to know hardware specific.
>>
>> I guess, in WIN32 may have general API call to get this value.
>>
>> Please help me and point to me where is, thanls so much.
>>
>> Kan

Thanks so much.

Where is a WMI newsgroup and what is WMI means?