question on adbuster

If this isn't the right forum, I apologise...but I couldn't find the
appropriate newsgroup by searching on google.

However, here is my problem. I recently had to uninstall and then
reinstall my 2004 Norton Internet Security software. Prior to
uninstalling, its "adbuster" feature was working great: I never saw
any pop-up ads or banner ads. Now that I 've reinstalled it, I am
seeing alot of them. Yet the "adbuster" feature is turned "on" when I
look at the Norton status window.

Any suggestions?

rufiO

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004

"Shemp McGurk" <shempmcgurk@netscape.net> wrote in message
> If this isn't the right forum, I apologise...but I couldn't find the
> appropriate newsgroup by searching on google.
>
> However, here is my problem. I recently had to uninstall and then
> reinstall my 2004 Norton Internet Security software. Prior to
> uninstalling, its "adbuster" feature was working great: I never saw
> any pop-up ads or banner ads. Now that I 've reinstalled it, I am
> seeing alot of them. Yet the "adbuster" feature is turned "on" when I
> look at the Norton status window.
>
> Any suggestions?

After turning on "Ad blocking", click on it, so that the "ad blocking" panel
comes up on the right of the panel.

Select CONFIGURE & make sure you have both boxes checked (turn on ad
blocking & turn on pop up window blocking).

See if that helps.........................Dave C.

Shemp McGurk wrote:

> If this isn't the right forum, I apologise...but I couldn't find the
> appropriate newsgroup by searching on google.
>
> However, here is my problem. I recently had to uninstall and then
> reinstall my 2004 Norton Internet Security software. Prior to
> uninstalling, its "adbuster" feature was working great: I never saw
> any pop-up ads or banner ads. Now that I 've reinstalled it, I am
> seeing alot of them. Yet the "adbuster" feature is turned "on" when I
> look at the Norton status window.
>
> Any suggestions?

You did update the Symantec products completely after installing, right. From
memory, it takes around 6 Live Updates, with a reboot in between, to completely
update the product.

courtney sends....

Shemp McGurk wrote:
> If this isn't the right forum, I apologise...but I couldn't find the
> appropriate newsgroup by searching on google.

So you couldn't find Symantec's website then...? Why on *EARTH* would you
think you could find assistance with a Symantec product on an MS-hosted
newsgroup?!
lose his marbles?

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message news:<BqwTc.31487$Dz3.15823@fe48.usenetserver.com>...
> Shemp McGurk wrote:
> > If this isn't the right forum, I apologise...but I couldn't find the
> > appropriate newsgroup by searching on google.
>
> So you couldn't find Symantec's website then...? Why on *EARTH* would you
> think you could find assistance with a Symantec product on an MS-hosted
> newsgroup?!

I found Symantec's website and, indeed, posed the same question to
them but got back a pat, standardized answer that didn't help me.

As for asking for assistance on an MS_hosted newsgroup: I did a search
in Outlook Express's newsgroup's search box using both "symantec" and
"norton" and, yes, numerous groups appeared but when I visited the
ones that seemed to apply to the software in question, there was
little if no participation on them.

Because this newsgroup has been very helpful to me in the past with
all sorts of questions, in desperation I gave it a try.

Do you object to me asking my question here?

Courtney <a@b.c> wrote in message news:<LAxTc.29153$wo.1984@okepread06>...
> Shemp McGurk wrote:
>
> > If this isn't the right forum, I apologise...but I couldn't find the
> > appropriate newsgroup by searching on google.
> >
> > However, here is my problem. I recently had to uninstall and then
> > reinstall my 2004 Norton Internet Security software. Prior to
> > uninstalling, its "adbuster" feature was working great: I never saw
> > any pop-up ads or banner ads. Now that I 've reinstalled it, I am
> > seeing alot of them. Yet the "adbuster" feature is turned "on" when I
> > look at the Norton status window.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> You did update the Symantec products completely after installing, right. From
> memory, it takes around 6 Live Updates, with a reboot in between, to completely
> update the product.
>
> courtney sends....

Yes, I did do the 6 Live Updates...but what do you mean by "reboot in
between"? Does that mean going into "start" and "turn off computer"
and "restart"? If so, how many times "in between"?