Any way to delete IP ports from registry?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 31, 2004 4:56:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing,microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I'm having problems with a number of old IP printing ports that can't be
deleted. They were used with an old Konica network printer. The Konica
software was deleted and now we can't delete the IP ports. Trying to delete
them causes Dr.Watson to launch every time. I've found the registry
location for most ports but the IP ports don't appear there. Is there
another way to delete the IP ports?

Thanks.

More about : delete ports registry

November 7, 2004 9:15:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing,microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

This sort of thing can occur when driver software is deleted instead of
uninstalled.
Usually, reinstalling the drivers and then uninstalling them properly helps.

The Mfr may have a specific uninstall utility or proceedure to follow.

"DL" <dl@ld.llllll.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm having problems with a number of old IP printing ports that can't be
> deleted. They were used with an old Konica network printer. The Konica
> software was deleted and now we can't delete the IP ports. Trying to
> delete
> them causes Dr.Watson to launch every time. I've found the registry
> location for most ports but the IP ports don't appear there. Is there
> another way to delete the IP ports?
>
> Thanks.

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.