escape sequence of printers in IE or notepad

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Dear all,

We have incorporated printer escape sequence for compression in
certain of our outputs. When we open these files in notepad or IE on
WinXP and send the file to network printer on win2k, printer codes are
printed as text and there is no impact on output, i.e. output is not
compressed.

How can this be addressed? I will be grateful for your help.

Regards

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Faisal,

> We have incorporated printer escape sequence for compression in
> certain of our outputs. When we open these files in notepad or IE on
> WinXP and send the file to network printer on win2k, printer codes are
> printed as text and there is no impact on output, i.e. output is not
> compressed.

Instead of using NP or IE you can send your text files to any Windows
printer using Printfil, and your escape sequences will be correctly
recognized.

More info and a free trial is available for download at our web site.

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all