Urgent help Please (Ip printing)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing,microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I have a printer shared out on a Windows NT machine at one warehouse. I am
trying to add that printer to a Windows 2000 machine at another warehouse
with no luck. I go through the process of adding the Standard TCP/IP port
and add the printer, but when I go to print it tries to send the job and
then after a few seconds it says "There was an error found when printing the
document "document name" to IP_ip of computer printer is attatched to. Do
you want to retry or cancel the job." The two computers are on a different
networks that trust each other.

Thanks
Eric

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing,microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

The LPD service must be installed and running on the target. The port must
be configured in LPR mode with byte count enabled and you have to have the
correct queue (share) name.

I use this configuration daily.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a printer shared out on a Windows NT machine at one warehouse. I
am
> trying to add that printer to a Windows 2000 machine at another warehouse
> with no luck. I go through the process of adding the Standard TCP/IP port
> and add the printer, but when I go to print it tries to send the job and
> then after a few seconds it says "There was an error found when printing
the
> document "document name" to IP_ip of computer printer is attatched to. Do
> you want to retry or cancel the job." The two computers are on a
different
> networks that trust each other.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing,microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Alan
Thank you for the help. It works wonderfully.

Eric