XP printing problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Have been using W2K pc and replaced it with a XP pro pc. I was sharing a HP
laserjet off the W2K pc with no problems. I then shared the HP with new XP
PC, but after sharing it, when I go to other pc's and try to connect to the
XP pc, I can "see" the XP pc, but can't expand it to "see" the printer. I
installed the printer as the local administrator.

Thanks for any assistance.
1 answer Last reply
More about printing problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

    See:
    Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
    www.coribright.com

    "glenngrossman" <glenngrossman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have been using W2K pc and replaced it with a XP pro pc. I was sharing a
    > HP
    > laserjet off the W2K pc with no problems. I then shared the HP with new XP
    > PC, but after sharing it, when I go to other pc's and try to connect to
    > the
    > XP pc, I can "see" the XP pc, but can't expand it to "see" the printer. I
    > installed the printer as the local administrator.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.

Windows XP Hewlett Packard Printers Windows