Default SP2 Firewall settings

I got this info from a Microsoft web page:

<<With Windows XP SP2, Windows Firewall is enabled by default in the
On-With-No-Exceptions Mode, which helps customers guard against
network-based attacks by unsolicited inbound traffic.>>

That surprised me. I thought the On-With-No Exceptions Mode was
solely for connecting in a unsecure place like airports, hotels and
restaurants. For those who have installed SP2, is this indeed the default
mode for Windows Firewall?

More about default firewall settings

    Good question. (Original document is at : http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/winxp/WindowsXPSPFS.asp) But, when I installed SP2, the "Don't allow exceptions" was not enabled", I checked with two of my dial-up connections.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "HistoryFan" <IHaTeSPam!@IhaTESpAM.coM> wrote in message news:u2DhEGigEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    I got this info from a Microsoft web page:

    <<With Windows XP SP2, Windows Firewall is enabled by default in the
    On-With-No-Exceptions Mode, which helps customers guard against
    network-based attacks by unsolicited inbound traffic.>>

    That surprised me. I thought the On-With-No Exceptions Mode was
    solely for connecting in a unsecure place like airports, hotels and
    restaurants. For those who have installed SP2, is this indeed the default
    mode for Windows Firewall?

Default Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP