Default SP2 Firewall settings

August 14, 2004 5:09:34 PM

I got this info from a Microsoft web page:

<<With Windows XP SP2, Windows Firewall is enabled by default in the
On-With-No-Exceptions Mode, which helps customers guard against
network-based attacks by unsolicited inbound traffic.>>

That surprised me. I thought the On-With-No Exceptions Mode was
solely for connecting in a unsecure place like airports, hotels and
restaurants. For those who have installed SP2, is this indeed the default
mode for Windows Firewall?

August 15, 2004 3:04:45 AM

Good question. (Original document is at : http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/winxp/Windo...) But, when I installed SP2, the "Don't allow exceptions" was not enabled", I checked with two of my dial-up connections.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...