Software for printing to CDR's

Which software you guys use to print to printable CDR's?
I just got Canon iP4000 and original software doesn't allow printing on
inner ring - i can make ring smaller, but only for 10 mm, not more. I'd like
to print it all the way to the hole - my CDR's are white all the way to the
hole, so it must be possible.

Thanks.

In article <uUNcd.4456$F6.1237523@news.siol.net>, SleeperMan@too.sleepy
says...
> Which software you guys use to print to printable CDR's?
> I just got Canon iP4000 and original software doesn't allow printing on
> inner ring - i can make ring smaller, but only for 10 mm, not more. I'd like
> to print it all the way to the hole - my CDR's are white all the way to the
> hole, so it must be possible.

The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might take a
look and see if it supports your printer as well.

Bad Bubba wrote:
> In article <uUNcd.4456$F6.1237523@news.siol.net>,
> SleeperMan@too.sleepy says...
>> Which software you guys use to print to printable CDR's?
>> I just got Canon iP4000 and original software doesn't allow printing
>> on inner ring - i can make ring smaller, but only for 10 mm, not
>> more. I'd like to print it all the way to the hole - my CDR's are
>> white all the way to the hole, so it must be possible.
>
> The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might
> take a look and see if it supports your printer as well.

I tried, but so far unsuccesfull. The point is that in paper source, i must
get CDR tray selection, otherwise program wants to print to normal paper...
I'll try more...
what do you state as paper source in your Epson?

Bad Bubba wrote:
> In article <uUNcd.4456$F6.1237523@news.siol.net>,
> SleeperMan@too.sleepy says...
>> Which software you guys use to print to printable CDR's?
>> I just got Canon iP4000 and original software doesn't allow printing
>> on inner ring - i can make ring smaller, but only for 10 mm, not
>> more. I'd like to print it all the way to the hole - my CDR's are
>> white all the way to the hole, so it must be possible.
>
> The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might
> take a look and see if it supports your printer as well.

I found one solution, but still can't get rid of that STUPID no-printing
inner ring...
I'll try surething CD labeler and see.

"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in

>> The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might
>> take a look and see if it supports your printer as well.
>
> I tried, but so far unsuccesfull. The point is that in paper source, i
> must get CDR tray selection, otherwise program wants to print to
> normal paper... I'll try more...
> what do you state as paper source in your Epson?

Hey same thing here with a Liteon 1633 I just bought , be nice to use the
Nero6 cover designer software but it outputs to A4 on the wrong side....
Anybody freaked this yet?

Yer Welcome wrote:
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in
>
>>> The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might
>>> take a look and see if it supports your printer as well.
>>
>> I tried, but so far unsuccesfull. The point is that in paper source,
>> i must get CDR tray selection, otherwise program wants to print to
>> normal paper... I'll try more...
>> what do you state as paper source in your Epson?
>>

> Hey same thing here with a Liteon 1633 I just bought , be nice to use
> the Nero6 cover designer software but it outputs to A4 on the wrong
> side.... Anybody freaked this yet?

Damn...i just found the solution (for Canon, at least).
From i've found out, i could print to CDR from any app now...It's just go to
printer settings, then under media type i select printable disc, under paper
source select Dics tray (basically, my driver selects this automatically),
then under page setup i select not A4, but CDR tray, which is available only
after i select printable disc at media type.

So, a lot of experimenting and you're done. Sure, at this point it's not
over...What follows is adjusting template in program you wish to use...you
must set it so that image will print exactly on the middle. I used normal
CDR's (coasters) for this, but i didn't print any image, but only black
circle at very outer edge of the disc. When you print it on normal CDR, you
can see where is it and correct position. Sure, you can use printable ones,
if you're loaded with money...

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:25:01 GMT, Yer Welcome <nospam@ooo.net> wrote:

>"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in
>
>>> The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might
>>> take a look and see if it supports your printer as well.
>>
>> I tried, but so far unsuccesfull. The point is that in paper source, i
>> must get CDR tray selection, otherwise program wants to print to
>> normal paper... I'll try more...
>> what do you state as paper source in your Epson?
>>

>Hey same thing here with a Liteon 1633 I just bought , be nice to use the
>Nero6 cover designer software but it outputs to A4 on the wrong side....
>Anybody freaked this yet?

Wrong side of what..?

In article <TbUcd.4478$F6.1242527@news.siol.net>, SleeperMan@too.sleepy
says...
> Bad Bubba wrote:
> > In article <uUNcd.4456$F6.1237523@news.siol.net>,
> > SleeperMan@too.sleepy says...
> >> Which software you guys use to print to printable CDR's?
> >> I just got Canon iP4000 and original software doesn't allow printing
> >> on inner ring - i can make ring smaller, but only for 10 mm, not
> >> more. I'd like to print it all the way to the hole - my CDR's are
> >> white all the way to the hole, so it must be possible.
> >
> > The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might
> > take a look and see if it supports your printer as well.
>
> I tried, but so far unsuccesfull. The point is that in paper source, i must
> get CDR tray selection, otherwise program wants to print to normal paper...
> I'll try more...
> what do you state as paper source in your Epson?

I just put the CDR tray down and then select Epson R300 as the label
type in the NERO cover designer.

Bad Bubba wrote:
> In article <TbUcd.4478$F6.1242527@news.siol.net>,
> SleeperMan@too.sleepy says...
>> Bad Bubba wrote:
>>> In article <uUNcd.4456$F6.1237523@news.siol.net>,
>>> SleeperMan@too.sleepy says...
>>>
>>> The NERO cover designer will print to my Epson R300, so you might
>>> take a look and see if it supports your printer as well.
>>
>> I tried, but so far unsuccesfull. The point is that in paper source,
>> i must get CDR tray selection, otherwise program wants to print to
>> normal paper... I'll try more...
>> what do you state as paper source in your Epson?
>
> I just put the CDR tray down and then select Epson R300 as the label
> type in the NERO cover designer.

It's not that simple in Canon...if i just put the CDR tray down, it warons
me about open tray and that i should close it...i found out that i must
select it in printer settings...

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:36:00 +0200, "SleeperMan"
<SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:

>Which software you guys use to print to printable CDR's?
>I just got Canon iP4000 and original software doesn't allow printing on
>inner ring - i can make ring smaller, but only for 10 mm, not more. I'd like
>to print it all the way to the hole - my CDR's are white all the way to the
>hole, so it must be possible.
>Thanks.

I made a full-faced label, but the smallest inner ring it would allow
was 17mm

Martin
©¿©¬

Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:36:00 +0200, "SleeperMan"
> <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>
>> Which software you guys use to print to printable CDR's?
>> I just got Canon iP4000 and original software doesn't allow printing
>> on inner ring - i can make ring smaller, but only for 10 mm, not
>> more. I'd like to print it all the way to the hole - my CDR's are
>> white all the way to the hole, so it must be possible.
>> Thanks.
>
> I made a full-faced label, but the smallest inner ring it would allow
> was 17mm
>
> Martin
> C?C?

Damn...i never thought of making a new label...i just tried to resize
existing default one...
It works!
Thanks!

BTW - do you know this one: you make text ring - let's say all around - 36'
deg and some 10 mm smaller than outer ring. How can you set it exactly in
the middle? From i see in settings/position, there's only distance from top
and left, so this ring can be centered only "visually"...?

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:51:59 +0200, "SleeperMan"
<SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:

>BTW - do you know this one: you make text ring - let's say all around - 36'
>deg and some 10 mm smaller than outer ring. How can you set it exactly in
>the middle? From i see in settings/position, there's only distance from top
>and left, so this ring can be centered only "visually"...?

I'm not sure how to do the text ring thing - but if you right-click on
the text and choose 'alignment' does that help?

Martin
©¿©¬

Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:51:59 +0200, "SleeperMan"
> <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>
>> BTW - do you know this one: you make text ring - let's say all
>> around - 36' deg and some 10 mm smaller than outer ring. How can you
>> set it exactly in the middle? From i see in settings/position,
>> there's only distance from top and left, so this ring can be
>> centered only "visually"...?
>
> I'm not sure how to do the text ring thing - but if you right-click on
> the text and choose 'alignment' does that help?
>
> Martin
> C?C?

well, it can be done somwhow...like calculating middle point, subtracting
1mm for edge etc...
there are no direct command for this...but, i guess i won't kill myself for
it...
The main point is that i've got inner circle smaller!