Disk clean up

I tried to run my disk clean up for win XP it locks up up
and my computer is running real slow. I defraged and ran
my virus scan but it still want clean up.
1 answer Last reply
More about disk clean

    try this program and see if it helps clean up those files:
    http://cleanup.stevengould.org/ when it asks if you want to log off now say
    no and then go to start and shutdown and restart then see whats up. Also you
    may want to get disk keeper lite which is a defragment program that is free
    for you to download as well: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dkeeperlite.html
    run that defragment after you run your spyware and adware removers and clean
    up! program and virus scanner Every day you should run disk keeper to keep
    your computer up to par. If you do not have spyware and adware removers I
    recommend you to get these programs adaware 6.0 and spybot search and destroy
    you can locate these programs at www.download.com and put them in the search
    box. I would also recommend other programs if those programs find alot of
    spyware and adware. The two work together to prevent you from redownloading
    new spyware and adware to begin with. Also another program would be a pop up
    stopper free edition you can do a search for that if you cant find it I will
    be of more assistance to you if you need be. Sounds to me like you have alot
    of disk space used up on your hard drive and that is why you are running real
    slow but I could be wrong you may want to go to www.pcpitstop.com and scan
    your computer be sure to register so you can refer to your test later and
    also use the share results with tech express option so you can get a link so
    people can see what exactly what you are facing through what you have in
    progresses and space you have...you may just end up following their
    recommendations and resolve the problem yourself. Let me know if I can be of
    more assistance to you.
    Sincerely,
    Beka Jo

    "Ron" wrote:

    > I tried to run my disk clean up for win XP it locks up up
    > and my computer is running real slow. I defraged and ran
    > my virus scan but it still want clean up.

Microsoft Windows XP