Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I'm a XP user. I'm trying to kill print job for the local printer, but it
seems like it does not show any outcome. The print job still in queue. but it
shows the status Deleting. Pls advice.

Jeb

Distinguished
May 3, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Usually stopping and starting the Print Spooler will take care of this.

If not, then:

Go to the services and stop the Print Spooler.
Delete all files in the C:\windows\system32\spool\printers directory (you
will probably find you have 2 files in here)

This should clear out all print jobs that are currently hung. However, this
will also clear out any print jobs waiting to be printed as well. If you
have other print jobs waiting, then you will have to find the 1 or 2 files
associated with your print job in the above printers directory and remove
only those.

Jeremiah, MCP

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm a XP user. I'm trying to kill print job for the local printer, but it
> seems like it does not show any outcome. The print job still in queue. but
> it
> shows the status Deleting. Pls advice.

There is a software, which can forcefully cancel the stalled print job queues. You can try that.
More info here: http://webtoolsandtips.com/free-down...rinter-repair/