Cannot kill print job

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I'm a XP user. I'm trying to kill print job for the local printer, but it
seems like it does not show any outcome. The print job still in queue. but it
shows the status Deleting. Pls advice.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot kill print
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

    Usually stopping and starting the Print Spooler will take care of this.

    If not, then:

    Go to the services and stop the Print Spooler.
    Delete all files in the C:\windows\system32\spool\printers directory (you
    will probably find you have 2 files in here)

    This should clear out all print jobs that are currently hung. However, this
    will also clear out any print jobs waiting to be printed as well. If you
    have other print jobs waiting, then you will have to find the 1 or 2 files
    associated with your print job in the above printers directory and remove
    only those.

    Jeremiah, MCP

    "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm a XP user. I'm trying to kill print job for the local printer, but it
    > seems like it does not show any outcome. The print job still in queue. but
    > it
    > shows the status Deleting. Pls advice.
  2. There is a software, which can forcefully cancel the stalled print job queues. You can try that.
    More info here: http://webtoolsandtips.com/free-down...rinter-repair/

Windows XP Microsoft Printers Windows