Cannot kill print job

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 10, 2005 7:11:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

I'm a XP user. I'm trying to kill print job for the local printer, but it
seems like it does not show any outcome. The print job still in queue. but it
shows the status Deleting. Pls advice.

More about : kill print job

May 19, 2005 4:00:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.print (More info?)

Usually stopping and starting the Print Spooler will take care of this.

If not, then:

Go to the services and stop the Print Spooler.
Delete all files in the C:\windows\system32\spool\printers directory (you
will probably find you have 2 files in here)

This should clear out all print jobs that are currently hung. However, this
will also clear out any print jobs waiting to be printed as well. If you
have other print jobs waiting, then you will have to find the 1 or 2 files
associated with your print job in the above printers directory and remove
only those.

Jeremiah, MCP

!