Dial Up Users don't automatically connect to Domain Member..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

I have 40 sales people who dial in from different states.
The Dial Up configuration is as follows:

The remote users dials up to our modem pool which has only
a total of 8 simultaneous 28.8 connections. They then
logon on the our Windows NT 4.0 SP6 PDC server and should
connection automatically to our SQL database server that
resides on a Member server under the PDC server.

HOWEVER, some remote users succeed in dialing up to the
Remote Server PDC but don't connect to the SQL 7 member
server. I don't want to have to take extra steps to
create a Batch file that maps to the member server.

If you could help me to resolve this problem, I would
greatly appreciated it!!!

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about dial users automatically connect domain member
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

    t is the error you are getting when the users try to connect to the SQL 7
    member server?

    Any event logs?

    --
    - Manjari
    "Phoenix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have 40 sales people who dial in from different states.
    > The Dial Up configuration is as follows:
    >
    > The remote users dials up to our modem pool which has only
    > a total of 8 simultaneous 28.8 connections. They then
    > logon on the our Windows NT 4.0 SP6 PDC server and should
    > connection automatically to our SQL database server that
    > resides on a Member server under the PDC server.
    >
    > HOWEVER, some remote users succeed in dialing up to the
    > Remote Server PDC but don't connect to the SQL 7 member
    > server. I don't want to have to take extra steps to
    > create a Batch file that maps to the member server.
    >
    > If you could help me to resolve this problem, I would
    > greatly appreciated it!!!
    >
    > Thanks.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

    Manjari,

    I had to make an incident call to Microsoft to resolve
    this problem because the Sales people needed to get their
    information download immediately. I learned that because
    the remote users' laptop are local instead of join to the
    Corp. Domain. Therefore in order for them to access the
    SQL 7 member server in this Domain after they dial in I
    needed to Add them as Local accounts in the member server.

    Eveything is working great. I know I didn't give you much
    time to respond, but very thanks for you response.

Connection Dial Up Connection Servers Windows