Joystick Suggestions

I am looking for a basic joystick. I would like to hear some
suggestions and reasons. I am not into combat so super fast gun action is
not an issue. Full flight controls as realistic as possible (considering
price) would be important. I am also interested in your comments. While I
might not mention I want a widget control, you experienced users may need to
educate me on the the subject.

Thanks

BTW I did look through the messages still on my server, but there were
only a few and they did not seem to address my issues.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

ditch

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005

I just bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo for about 40 bucks. One of the better ones
I have owned. Just stay away from Logitech, and you will be fine.

"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a basic joystick. I would like to hear some
> suggestions and reasons. I am not into combat so super fast gun action is
> not an issue. Full flight controls as realistic as possible (considering
> price) would be important. I am also interested in your comments. While
> might not mention I want a widget control, you experienced users may need
> educate me on the the subject.
>
> Thanks
>
> BTW I did look through the messages still on my server, but there were
> only a few and they did not seem to address my issues.
>
> --
> Joseph Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

GREGORY

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:59:24 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
<sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> brought the following to our attention:

> I am looking for a basic joystick. I would like to hear some
>suggestions and reasons. I am not into combat so super fast gun action is
>not an issue. Full flight controls as realistic as possible (considering
>price) would be important. I am also interested in your comments. While I
>might not mention I want a widget control, you experienced users may need to
>educate me on the the subject.
>
>Thanks

Too bad the Sidewinders are no longer available.. can recall going to
a number of stores to shop and compare the FF and non-FF MS sticks.
Finally after many days of indecision, went with the Std Sidewinder 2.

there was another choice..Logitech but can't remember much about em'.

Actually.. have the Nostromo n50 SpeedPad set-up for many AutoPilot
functions and like it a LOT (although not so real).. and a very old CH
Products Ministick (gameport) that comes in handy.

-Gregory

p.s. the CH yoke and pedals set (gameport) are packed in the closet.

Ditch wrote:
> I just bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo for about 40 bucks. One of the better ones
> I have owned. Just stay away from Logitech, and you will be fine.

Saitek Cyborg Evo here, too. I love it, it's a beautiful joystick and
it's extremely functional. It's even completely ambidextrous, and can
be adjusted in lots of ways to suit your hands.

Huw

fred

"Ditch" <goverticl@aol.compost> wrote in message
>I just bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo for about 40 bucks. One of the better
>ones
> I have owned. Just stay away from Logitech, and you will be fine.
>

> "Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am looking for a basic joystick. I would like to hear some
>> suggestions and reasons. I am not into combat so super fast gun action
>> is
>> not an issue. Full flight controls as realistic as possible (considering
>> price) would be important. I am also interested in your comments. While
>> might not mention I want a widget control, you experienced users may need
>> educate me on the the subject.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> BTW I did look through the messages still on my server, but there
>> were
>> only a few and they did not seem to address my issues.
>>
>> --
>> Joseph Meehan
>>
>> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Saitek X45 combo. Cheap and very good. Lots of button functions to program.
All kind of views. Rudder, Diff breaks. POVs, Throttle, etc. I love it.
Maybe on bargain because of new model in shops.
I do all kind of commercial a/c. No shooters or weapons.
Airbus is on flightstick. Why not me ?