Unrestricted Browsing of the Network

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

We are trying to configure third party access to one of our systems in our mill for maintenance and troubleshooting purposes. We have configured a specific account as part of a unique global group to only access two systems, the dial up server and the system in our plant. We have removed this account from any other groups on the domain. When testing the network access of this account, we are able to access all of the servers in the domain through Windows Explorer.

All of the systems in the network have the latest security and browser patches. We have NetBeui and TCP/IP enabled on the RAS server and using a standard dial-up connection to access the Windows NT RAS server. We have deleted and re-created the user account and re-synchronized the domain from the PDC without any change. The RAS server also functions as a BDC.

What steps do we have to take to take to prevent this account from being able to browse the entire network and only logon to this one system? We want to be able to controll the access to our network, which is why we have them connecting to our RAS server. Also there will be additional remote access required by these people in the future.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Check your ports,server and client machine,make sure they are configured correctly (ie:using same port number),and if that doesnt work there is a course called MCSE,do it it will help

TRENDING THREADS