Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Anyone know what this DVD data connector called?

Last response: in Components
December 19, 2005 6:13:55 PM

I’m looking at a LITE-ON SOSW-833S, slim-line DVD-Recorder like you’d see in a laptop. I need to install this thing in a server, so its going to need to connect to a standard IDE cable.

The connector on the drive is something I’m not familiar with, a small, dense, centronics-type female connector.

Any idea what this connector is called?
I don’t even know what it is so I’m having trouble locating an adapter.

December 19, 2005 9:20:19 PM

I believe this is the adapter that you need.

The adapter is actually one piece (50 pin laptop connector is on one side and the 40 pin IDE is on the other). The seller is showing both sides of the adapter in the photo, so don't let that confuse you. :-)

Related resources