multiple connections to VPN

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

I have setup a the VPN service on windows NT 4.0 SP6a server
using Point to Point Tunneling Protocol and I have configured if for 4 ports
VPN1, VPN2, VPN3, VPN4, and
they are all set to use TCP/IP and to the client to get an IP address from
the pool of 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.9 and
have selected Require Microsoft encrypted authentication and I have selected
to enable Mutlilink.

On the firewall the port 1723 is fowarded to the server and it does make a
connection to the first client that make a connection with a valid username
and password.

It does not seem to allow any more than one connection at the same time. Is
this a limitation or do I have to open more ports or change any
configuration? Please help~!

Thanks
Art

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

What are the errors you see when a client tries to connect?

--
- Manjari
"Falcon Art" <falconart6@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I have setup a the VPN service on windows NT 4.0 SP6a server
> using Point to Point Tunneling Protocol and I have configured if for 4
ports
> VPN1, VPN2, VPN3, VPN4, and
> they are all set to use TCP/IP and to the client to get an IP address from
> the pool of 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.9 and
> have selected Require Microsoft encrypted authentication and I have
selected
> to enable Mutlilink.
>
> On the firewall the port 1723 is fowarded to the server and it does make a
> connection to the first client that make a connection with a valid
username
> and password.
>
> It does not seem to allow any more than one connection at the same time.
Is
> this a limitation or do I have to open more ports or change any
> configuration? Please help~!
>
> Thanks
> Art

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Manjari, I am having the same problem on NT 4.0. The port is forwarded to the server and when I try to connect via a client the server just crashes and I get an error Irql_ Not Equal_or_less. It also lists other errors sfmsrv.sys, tcpip.sys, ntoskrnl.exe

Do you know whats going on?

SAmad