FS9 on a dedicated machine ?

Just wondering... how many of you are playing FS9 on a dedicated machine ?

I guess that a dedicated machine could be stripped from all useless hardware
and software components, in order to bring maximal performance and image
quality. For those of you who are running on a dedicated machine, or
multiple networked machines, what kind of hardware and software tweaks are
you using ?

Probably a default winxp install, then uninstallation of all "useless"
software winxp components from the control panel, and then the creation of a
hardware profile with all "useless" hardware components disabled ?

Any suggestion appreciated.

(not asking about mobo brands, drivers, but ant information gathered here
will be welcome)

--
-------------------------------------
Lorenzo

    I just bought a new Dell 3.2 machine with a PCI express Nividia TG
    Graphics card and 1 Gig of the 533 Ram. I can't imagine that FS could
    run any better , and I haven't been shutting off any background stuff
    including the Virus protect. Frame are locked at 28hz and no problems
    at all. While this machine wasn't cheap, $1500, I think it will last
    me for quite awhile.

    Bob

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:03:42 GMT, "Lorenzo Sandini"
    <lorenzo.sandiniPOISTA@uku.fi> wrote:

    >Just wondering... how many of you are playing FS9 on a dedicated machine ?
    >
    >I guess that a dedicated machine could be stripped from all useless hardware
    >and software components, in order to bring maximal performance and image
    >quality. For those of you who are running on a dedicated machine, or
    >multiple networked machines, what kind of hardware and software tweaks are
    >you using ?
    >
    >Probably a default winxp install, then uninstallation of all "useless"
    >software winxp components from the control panel, and then the creation of a
    >hardware profile with all "useless" hardware components disabled ?
    >
    >Any suggestion appreciated.
    >
    >(not asking about mobo brands, drivers, but ant information gathered here
    >will be welcome)

    Thanks for your input Bob.

    I am playing on a machine heavily loaded with all kind of more or less
    essential software in the background, gadgets plugged on every USB port, 3
    user accounts (wife/kids...), lowly 2.6 GHz P4, 9800XT, and I am pretty
    happy with the performance too.

    I am specifically asking about people peeling off the skin of their machines
    until the bloody core only is finally running FS9, with something like 10
    processes max running in the Task Manager.

    Anyone ?

    Lorenzo
    www.brokenbones.d2g.com
    (POISTA = REMOVE in finnish)

    "Lorenzo Sandini" <lorenzo.sandiniPOISTA@uku.fi> wrote in

    > Thanks for your input Bob.
    >
    > I am playing on a machine heavily loaded with all kind of more or less
    > essential software in the background, gadgets plugged on every USB
    > port, 3 user accounts (wife/kids...), lowly 2.6 GHz P4, 9800XT, and I
    > am pretty happy with the performance too.
    >
    > I am specifically asking about people peeling off the skin of their
    > machines until the bloody core only is finally running FS9, with
    > something like 10 processes max running in the Task Manager.
    >
    > Anyone ?
    >
    > Lorenzo
    > www.brokenbones.d2g.com
    > (POISTA = REMOVE in finnish)
    >

    > "Bob Cordone" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>I just bought a new Dell 3.2 machine with a PCI express Nividia TG
    >> Graphics card and 1 Gig of the 533 Ram. I can't imagine that FS
    >> could run any better , and I haven't been shutting off any background
    >> stuff including the Virus protect. Frame are locked at 28hz and no
    >> problems at all. While this machine wasn't cheap, $1500, I think it
    >> will last me for quite awhile.
    >>
    >> Bob
    >>

    >> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:03:42 GMT, "Lorenzo Sandini"
    >> <lorenzo.sandiniPOISTA@uku.fi> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just wondering... how many of you are playing FS9 on a dedicated
    >>>machine ?
    >>>
    >>>I guess that a dedicated machine could be stripped from all useless
    >>>hardware
    >>>and software components, in order to bring maximal performance and
    >>>image quality. For those of you who are running on a dedicated
    >>>machine, or multiple networked machines, what kind of hardware and
    >>>software tweaks are you using ?
    >>>
    >>>Probably a default winxp install, then uninstallation of all
    >>>"useless" software winxp components from the control panel, and then
    >>>the creation of a
    >>>hardware profile with all "useless" hardware components disabled ?
    >>>
    >>>Any suggestion appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>(not asking about mobo brands, drivers, but ant information gathered
    >>>here will be welcome)

    Look below at my spec's. All sliders maxed. Running in the background
    are GOBACK (Wouldn't live w/o it...saved my bacon more times than not),
    McAfee and all the anti spam stuff. No complaints what so ever. With
    all of the AVSIM candy installed, still get 18 - 20 FPS which is great !

    Noticed with a second monitor (while experimenting) or networked FS9
    laptop running GPS does effect the FPS rate. Otherwise, am a happy
    simmer....

    --
    e v e n S k y

    Athlon 266Ghz
    1 G Ram
    GeForce FX5900XT
    160G H-D
    80G H-D
    W2K, FS9
    Wingman Strike force 3D AND....
    Newly Acquired....
    CH Products Yoke and Rud Ped's

    My AMD64 3400 holds up well with full traffic, VFR photo graphic scenery,
    World airports 2 and Traffic 2004 with high graphics at about 23 locked FPS.
    My card is only a GeForce 4 Ti4200 128DDR which is quite old and doesn't
    cope with AA and AAF very well, but it copes with this well. I have 3 old
    computers in my room which combined have around 2GHZ of power so I am hoping
    to cluster them up and connect that to my PC to run along side each other.
    This is only in the design stage at the minute and I am still looking for
    cheap PSU's HDD's etc.

    --
    www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:03:42 GMT, Lorenzo Sandini wrote:

    > Just wondering... how many of you are playing FS9 on a dedicated machine ?

    Well, I have three "dedicated machines" strictly for FS use, and another
    used strictly for email/ng/web browsing & programming development. Then
    again, I "play FS9" for a living... ;)

    Bill

Hardware Components Software Video Games