AMD 4400x2 Toledo for sale here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crostvei

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
It is on Ebay, I would like to get a faster single core processor, I just don't need dual-core, I over-bought. Totally legit unit, less than 1 month old, bought from NewEgg for 460.00. Original box and all paperwork included. Not overclocked.

This is the Toledo 1mb L2 ada box unit. It has the premium Copper heat pipe stock cooler included.

Item # 6891920842

Check it out.

crostvei

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
I simply do not need this processor for playing games... nothing even utilizes one of the cores fully, not wow, not Oblivion.

I am better off with one of the top venice single core processors.... for now.

I just spent more than I needed to on a processor.

Video Card is the only thing that matters for gaming. Processors can keep more information flowing, but this one isn't faster for gaming than the 4000 series Venice.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
I simply do not need this processor for playing games... nothing even utilizes one of the cores fully, not wow, not Oblivion.

I am better off with one of the top venice single core processors.... for now.

I just spent more than I needed to on a processor.

Video Card is the only thing that matters for gaming. Processors can keep more information flowing, but this one isn't faster for gaming than the 4000 series Venice.

If you want tosee the power of dual core, do this.

Start your browser twice, if you have tabs load up anandtech and Toms' (plenty of flash) and maybe one more site with Flash. Start Task Manager and watch how much CPU Flash uses.

Now start your most demandin ggame and start playing with a single core. I can bet as soon as you enter a "busy" area you will stutter as your chip has to share with IE. Put in a dual core and do the same thing. You will then understand what dual core is worth.
Or better yet start a virus scan that may take hours and just so happen to start your game.
Again you'll see why dual core is better.

crostvei

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Actually even my old p4 could have about 12 I.E. and Firefox browers open with active content running and have no problems, once again, thats the vid card dude.

The Antivirus and gaming yes.... but;

I don't use antivirus, useless.

Like I said, I only use one app at a time. I personally think 95% of people with dual-core processors couldn't max them out if they wanted to.

Maybe if i ran 3dmark05 3dmark06 and played a game, but seriously, that would be absolutely pointless to run anything while your playing games.

Maybe if it was some kind of project, like processing a raw photoshop file 40 megs+ into a JPEg or something, whilst burning a dvd and playing a game...

jelly1228

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
I upgraded from a 3500+ oc to 2.5 to my 4400+. I did not see a diff in my games at all! But now I can keep my IE open, have a viruse scan going and playing a game, and still run my games the same way! Burn a dvd and start up a game and you will see! Plus game will be comming multi-thread soon and that 4400+ will help the games shine! What do you think an fx-60 is? "4400+ with 400mhz more." Dont waste your time or money! Keep what you got!

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
I play City of Heroes/Villains, which does utilize both cores. Which does sux tho, since whe alt-tabbing back to windows both cores are busy so it's laggy as hell.

Dual-Core is fine with me, altho not needed.. it sure is handy when it comes to doing multiple stuff at the same time.

Opty 170 2Ghz @ 2,8Ghz (1,475vCore)

jelly1228

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Like I said, I only use one app at a time. I personally think 95% of people with dual-core processors couldn't max them out if they wanted to.

Think about what you just said! You make that sound like its a bad thing. I like to know that I can not maxs out my cpu. That means I have more room to play with!

Status
Not open for further replies.