Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a new case...

Last response: in Components
December 19, 2005 9:42:27 PM

Hey there, lately iv'e been figuring all the parts for a new computer I plan to build. I thought I had it all planned out, including the case, which is a Sunbeam Black Transformer. The case has mass cooling, nice look to it and a clear side window, which is what im looking for. Only one problem which I found out recently is that the case is very loud. One reviewer compared it to a leaf blower. The case is good and in my price range but I don't know if I want a case if it's going to be that loud...Unless anyone can solve this problem I'm going to have to get a new case. My budget for the case is around $100 Canadian (about $85 US). I am willing to spend an extra 10-20 $ if it's worth it but can anybody make any suggestions on a good case? I was looking at the Thermaltake Sopranio mabye...
Requirments for the case I want:
-Nice look with clear side window (preferrably black in colour)
-Good cooling because I plan to overclock
-at least 4 5.25" drive slots and 2 3.25" all external
-front audio/mic, usb

any help is greatly appreciated :D 

More about : case

a c 158 ) Power supply
December 20, 2005 12:12:15 AM

Coolermaster RC-531 - I would have added the Antec Sonata II, but it only has 3 external 5.25...
Related resources
December 20, 2005 5:05:30 AM

I like the Cooler Master RC-531 (nickname Centurion 531)
December 20, 2005 6:47:12 PM

I have the Antec P180 and love it, just have to make sure your psu leads are long enough, has bottem mounted psu
December 20, 2005 8:56:10 PM

OMG I'm glad those are Canadian prices because those are low-end and lower-midrange cases, respectively. I stand by my Cooler Master Centurion 531 suggestion, as it's simply a better product.
December 21, 2005 5:01:26 AM

Yes, that's an upper midrange case, very nice.
December 21, 2005 6:57:27 AM

I have a Coolermaster Wavemaster Limited Edition Blue (note the blue) and boy is that a sexy case. Extremely well made and looks awesome.

Have a mate with a Thermaltake Tsunami and that would be my second pick but it isnt as nice as mine (not being biased).

Hope it helps
December 21, 2005 8:15:40 PM

i dont know... id have to disagree i like the look of the Thermaltake Tsunami better, but thats just my opinion.
!