Windows 2000 as a PPP Server?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Hello,

Can anyone tell me, we are considering using Windows 2000 Server as our ISP
System.

I seen the option in the networking panel which says "allow incoming
connections"

Now, would this allow our users to dialin, using the Windows Dialup
Networking Client, then gain
access to the internet via our Windows 2000 Server?

Any help is appreciated.

Bruce
bruce@pc4kids.ca

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Incoming connections is a shortened version of VPN Server. You can setup VPN
Setup on your W2k Server and use it to connect and gain access to the remote
network.

for more info look into http://www.microsoft.com/vpn

--
- Manjari
"Bruce M." <bruce@pc4kids.ca> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me, we are considering using Windows 2000 Server as our
ISP
> System.
>
> I seen the option in the networking panel which says "allow incoming
> connections"
>
> Now, would this allow our users to dialin, using the Windows Dialup
> Networking Client, then gain
> access to the internet via our Windows 2000 Server?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Bruce
> bruce@pc4kids.ca

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

> Now, would this allow our users to dialin, using the Windows Dialup
> Networking Client, then gain
> access to the internet via our Windows 2000 Server?

Yes, you can dial in.

--
Thanks
Chetan