anesh16

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
i would like to know what does consumables mean.in my country 'Trinidad' ,consumables include the paper used to print , but according to the book that CompTIA recommended to study to do the A+ certification exam , the consumables meant it was the toner and ink cartridges.so any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Consumables definately means includes toner and ink cartridges. That is the correct answer for the A+ exam. As evidence, just look at the fact that HP sells their printers at a loss and considers them "ink consumption devices".

mpjesse

Splendid
As evidence, just look at the fact that HP sells their printers at a loss and considers them "ink consumption devices".

LOL. Sad but true.

At one point HP was suing recycled ink cartridge manufacturers/sellers 'cause they were cutting into HP's market share. They lost.

-mpjesse

anesh16

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
ok .i could understand that paper is a consumable also,but is it considered one in the A+ exam? because according to the book to study it is a media.i got the in k and toner are consumables already from hergieburbur (thanks) it's just about the paper now.so if someone has the anwser please write.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Its been awhile since ive read my A+ exam books (most of that stuff you only ever need for the test), but my advice would be to follow whatever the book tells you. They usually are based on the official material and seldom steer you wrong.