--------------------------------
From: james walls

-----------------------
Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)

<Id>o6UYcUIT7UqfXowoo3hRvw==</Id>

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

From the description you have given, it looks you are doing a double dial.
A PPTP connection (to your machine)over dial up (to the ISP).

721 usually happens if the GRE (protocol 47) is blocked between client and
server. Check with your ISP whether this protocol packets are blocked.

--
Thanks
Chetan

"james walls via AdminLife" <anonymous@adminlife.com> wrote in message
>I think that this error (for me anyway) is getting long in the tooth, hope
>ye can help.
>
> I am getting the error 721 when dialing in from a few sites through a PBX,
> i get a connection to the internet.
>
> The VPN with Windows XP client works well on several places from where
> I've tried except from two: I get a timeout message with error 721 after
> the client waits on "Verifying username & password...".
>
> The odd thing is that it has found the server but hangs on the
> username/password control which both work well from other places...
>
> I've yet tried to log the connection but the file is empty, even with
> full-logging options.
>
> we have 10 remote users all with the same settings, 8 of which are fine 2
> arn't.
>
> the two that arn't can work elsewhere successfuly.
>
> the 2 sites use analogue pbx's and supply us a phone line, we can use this
> to connect to the internet fine. I'm i missing something.

> From: james walls

> Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)
>
> <Id>o6UYcUIT7UqfXowoo3hRvw==</Id>

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

I am also having this error, but a little different. When I try to connect from a client system on a 2003 server to a server 2000 system it does not connect, but if i dial into the 2003 system and then vpn into the 2000 system it works fine. Also if i vpn from the 2003 server to the 2000 network it also connects. this make me belive that there is something incorrect with my client. any idea?