798 A certificate could not be found - EAP

ivo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

798 A certificate could not be found that can be used with this Extensible Authentication Protocol.

that' s the error message I got when configuring VPN remote access on SBS 2003 following the steps in CH14 of the SBS 2003 Administrator's Companion book of MS Press. I believe I did all the steps correcty... there's a server certificate, the CA is the domain server, the VPN client has a user and a computer certificate.
What could then be the problem and how far are we here in the protocol setup. Could a firewall setting by the ISP be the reason or is a local misconfig on the VPN client? The error message is instantaneous...

Thanks, Ivo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Looks like you do not have the client certificate for authentication. What
kind of cert did you install on your machine?

Look into below link for more info:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326474#2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814394
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824069