Compaq Power Supply Problem

bootleggerxxx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I have a Compaq EVO W4000 CMT workstation. Pentiun 4 2.4GHZ one gig DDR, 2-80 gig hard drives, 2-Optical drives, Dual monitor NVidia graphics agp card, total of 4 fans. The problem is the stock, non ATX size 250 watt $300.00 power supply. It has 24 pin & 4 pin M/B connectors. I have the voltage/function of each pin identified. This is a dual 12volt rail PSU. Where can I find the pins identified for a good aftermarket dual rail PSU to make sure they are compatable? I think 2 of these "crowbaring" in 2 years is enough. Need more power. Compaq has no larger PSU for this Workstation. Thanks for any advise.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Google is your friend. I found http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Workshop/advice/conns/connPSU.html as the second or 3rd hit for "ATX PSU connector pin green black red" Its got a breakdown of the std ATX 20-pin. If its the same (which I think it is), then you can get any PSU that will fit. Newegg has dozens and it shows the sizes so you should be able to get one that fits. Also suggest PCPower & Cooling. They make truly the best PSUs, but you pay for it, and they have models to fit many (most?) non-standard sizes.

Mike.