MS Force Feedback

G

Hi,
I was thinking about buying an MS Force Feedback joystick.

I was playing around with the demo in the shop, and I was wondering do these joysticks break easy?

I mean, if you are moving the joystick in one direction and it is trying to move in the opposite direction isn't something gonna break?

How long do these joysticks survive? I noticed MS has a guarantee of only one year, but three years on others.

Is the extra price worth it?

Thanks.

G

Well maybe you can answer another question for me.

Is there still a shift button on the MS Sidewinder joystick?

Mechwarrior four instructions include a diagram of one of these joysticks, and apart from the buttons being arranged slightly differently, the shift button appears to be missing.

G

I wouldn't think the joystick would be strong enough to pull back hard enough to break itself - I think

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Crazy Alien)</i>
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. :wink:

G

That is not waht I am suggesting. I mean if the joystick moves in one direction and your hand is providing resistance.

G

The resistance won't provide enough poiwer to break its self. Just like electric windows sense when you lean on them - they won't wind.

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Crazy Alien)</i>
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. :wink:

G

I've played MW4 for a while now, with a ForceFeedback 2 and I have no problems with it at all, the only thing you have to do is set the force half power, cause it's very difficult to walk with all forces max and aim on a running osiris or so, and you're right there is no Shift button anymore, but I don't think you need so much options,a few are really needed but I'm satisfied with my 8 buttons, so...
They are standin on another location, and that is something you have to get used to, but if you ask me, just buy it, it will be hard at the beginning of MW4 but it brings up much pleasure and real effects.

Greetings.