Sign in with
Your question

use tv tuner card through network

Last response: in Networking
April 23, 2003 9:33:49 PM

hi...i have a tv tuner in my pc.i was just wondering if there is anyway i can use the tv tuner card (watch tv) on another computer that is hooked up via network?
i'm hoping there is a simple solution that could help me...thanks

More about : tuner card network

April 25, 2003 12:06:23 AM

If you want to watch the tv, there is a really basic solution, but if you want to continue to use the one computer with the tuner card, or if you want sound, then there is no solution.

My solution is to use a program called WinVNC which is a remote desktop administration program. It's laggy as snot, but it works. It sucks hardcore for video though. Imagine 3fps.

XP 2500+ Barton @ 198x11.5@1.85v
Thermalright SLK-800
Thermaltake Smartfan II
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
BBA 9700 Pro AIW
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Soundstorm
April 25, 2003 3:01:49 PM

I was watching some TechTVv last night and they had a caller who wanted to do a stream of video he had record to his friend, I guess to experiment and what not. But it gave me the idea that you could get all the software and hardware if nessary to stream what comes from the TV Tuner using some form of video streaming setup. But it would be much cheaper and easier just to get another tuner for the other computer or just move the computer with the tuner.

GK

OOoo Look I'm a member! Do I get Privleges now? Where's the secret decoder ring?
!