Question about OUtlook!

sparks219

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
Hi,

I got two email accounts, one with my cable supplier, and one with Yahoo! Mail. I'm just curious if I could put the mail from my cable supplier to my INBOX folder, and put the mail from Yahoo! mail into the Yahoo folder.

I use OUtlook Express and Outlook, so does anyone know how to do that? :)

Thanks

Sparks

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Click Tools, Accounts, click on the mail tab then click Add. Each account will have their own In, Out, Deleted, and sent boxes.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Could you describe what you trying to accomplish? What is the Yahoo folder? It's usually desiraable to have all your email going into the same inbox. After you have read it, either delete it or move it to a local folder.

I wonder...what is the speed of gravity?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Here is how do Yahoo mail. I have a Yahoo, Hotmail, and @home account all with different folders.
From the Add menu, click "Mail."
In the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and click "Next."
In the Email Address box, type your Yahoo Mail address (be sure to include "@yahoo.com") and click "Next."
Select "POP3" to answer the question "My incoming mail server is a…."
In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server box, type "pop.mail.yahoo.com"
In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box, type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com"
Click "Next."
In the Account Name box, type your Yahoo! Mail address (without the "@yahoo.com").
In the Password box, type your Yahoo! Mail Password.
If you want Outlook Express to remember your password, check the "Remember password" box.
Do not check the "Log on using secure password" box.
Click "Next."
Click "Finish."

Hmm, I just tried that and it didn't work. I use a separate hotmail account and it I assumed it would work the same.
Okay this is what you do. Either set a separate identity and switch users or create message rules (email filters). You can create subfolders and set all of your yahoo pop mail to filter into the appropriate folder.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.