Wireless network at home

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 3, 2005 6:26:45 AM

I have bought a Network card (Belkin Wireless G Network Card), and
Fixed it on my computer at home. Its driver and software are instaaled
properly. I have a PDA2K that has WLAN built-in. Do I need anything
else to create a network connection between these two?
If not, How can I set up the connection? Now I have a red icon (which
should turn green on successfull connection) in my sys tray. I tried
all the way, but I cannot establish a connection.

Currently I have a dial-up internet connection. I will soon be getting
a ADSL Connection. Can I share this connection with my PDA2K.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abdulkareem

More about : wireless network home

September 4, 2005 2:08:23 AM

Hi
You do not need any thing else to connect the two computers one to the
other, and or to share a DSL connection.
Once you configure the two computers to interact with the Router you can
enable file sharing on both computers and they should talk one to the other.
When you get the DSL you would not need to of any thing short of configuring
the Router with the DSL ID and Password.
I can not tell you how to set the PDA since it depends on the specific PDA,
all of the information about configuration should be in your Hardware's
manuals.
For the desktop this might help: http://www.ezlan.net/installing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).