eVGA VS BFG 7800GTs

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
Trying to decide between the two, with bundles the price difference is $5, so basically nothing its down to which one is better.
I had heard that BFG offered lifetime warranty and that is why i looked into it, but i just checked and eVGA now offfers same, so thats not an issue.
I had read in one of these forums that in testing before pack/shipping BFG overclocks all their cards, but in looking at stats at newegg the evga has better clock and core speeds. So....lemme know whatcha think
Thanks~!

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
Thanks for replyin, and sorry about the duplicate post, wasnt sure if Nvidia or general would be better place for good response on this
Hehe there really is no $40 gap cause im also buying 1 AMD4000 SD and you can get it bundled wth the BFG for 40 off so the prices end up being evga 284 - BFG 279 (319-40) so $5 difference couldnt help me make up my mind. But im still leanin towards eVGA, just wanted to get some opinions since im not too familiar with BFG and have only recently gotten familiar with eVGA. The fact that without the bundle and 40 dollar savings on the AMD, the BFG alone would be that much more expensive makes me wonder why is all. If its such a better card and i can get at same price (or even 5 less than eVGA) then great, but it doesnt seem the 40 bundle savings is getting me anything, still seems the eVGA may be better