unwanted additions to taskbar

My nephew used my computer one night and now i have in my
taskbar's drop down menu under tools two items: one says
net2phone the other is internet sexployer. How in the
world can i get them off my system?
Help please...
10 answers Last reply
More about unwanted additions taskbar

    Control-panel,start/task bar,task bar,R.click a current item,then
    select,never show.

    "Peg" wrote:

    > My nephew used my computer one night and now i have in my
    > taskbar's drop down menu under tools two items: one says
    > net2phone the other is internet sexployer. How in the
    > world can i get them off my system?
    > Help please...

    We'll assume Internet Explorer here?

    RIGHT MOUSE click after the word help and select the icon
    you wish to lose.

    IF it your start program line up do this:-
    Right MOUSE click on the START button and click on OPEN
    ALL USERS with the LEFT Mouse button

    Now you see a window appear and it will show the top
    program tree, and if my guess is right you'll see the icon
    (s) you wish to remove.
    If not do item one above BUT select OPEN and see thw
    window appear again with the top program tree showing.

    IF you still cannot see it click to open the program
    folder to veiw all programs in your start\all programs
    (WIN XP)
    and find it there on either user (ALL USER WINDOW or OPEN
    window)

    I must be saying the wrong thing. when I open the internet
    exployer, along the top is the
    file..edit..view..favorites..tools and help menus. when i
    drop down the tools menu, the palette there is where the
    net2phone and internet sexployer ended up. There is the
    syncronize, update, internet options, etc. This is the
    place I need to try to get rid of those two names or
    items. I checked in the control panel and they are not
    listed as programs. I've tried right click and
    customize...no luck.
    thanks for listening and trying to help.

    "peg" wrote:

    > I must be saying the wrong thing. when I open the internet
    > exployer, along the top is the
    > file..edit..view..favorites..tools and help menus. when i
    > drop down the tools menu, the palette there is where the
    > net2phone and internet sexployer ended up. There is the
    > syncronize, update, internet options, etc. This is the
    > place I need to try to get rid of those two names or
    > items. I checked in the control panel and they are not
    > listed as programs. I've tried right click and
    > customize...no luck.
    > thanks for listening and trying to help.

    A search at pest patrol gives 4 results for net2phone and several for
    internet sexployer.
    Use these tools and see if they will help.Good Luck

    http://www.pestpatrol.com/Search/default.asp

    How To Protect Yourself And Others On The Internet
    http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802

    --
    Paul Cyr

    -----

    The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

    Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...

    Andrew E. wrote:
    > Control-panel,start/task bar,task bar,R.click a current item,then
    > select,never show.

    You really ARE a moron, aren't you?! How on EARTH does hiding the icons
    REMOVE the offending spyware?! If you don't know the difference between
    'remove' and 'hide' then may I strongly suggest that you refrain from
    posting until you have completed Remedial English 101?

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

    > Andrew E. wrote:
    > > Control-panel,start/task bar,task bar,R.click a current item,then
    > > select,never show.
    >
    > You really ARE a moron, aren't you?! How on EARTH does hiding the icons
    > REMOVE the offending spyware?! If you don't know the difference between
    > 'remove' and 'hide' then may I strongly suggest that you refrain from
    > posting until you have completed Remedial English 101?

    I usally don't agree with your posts (too harsh)but you are right on with
    this one.

    abuse report sent to abuse@usenetserver.com

    --
    Paul Cyr

    -----

    Peg wrote:

    > My nephew used my computer one night and now i have in my
    > taskbar's drop down menu under tools two items: one says
    > net2phone the other is internet sexployer. How in the
    > world can i get them off my system?
    > Help please...

    Your system is infested with spyware - you will need to download one -
    or more - of the follwing applications and do a FULL SYSTEM SCAN.

    Spybot Search and Destroy
    www.safer-networking.org

    Pest Patrol (commercial - crippled demo, can scan but not remove)
    www.pestpatrol.com

    AdAware
    www.lavasoftusa.com

    Hi, Peg.

    >I must be saying the wrong thing.

    Yes, that was confusing in your first message when you referred to the
    Taskbar. That is typically a blue bar along the bottom edge of the screen,
    between the Start button on the left and the clock on the right end. Your
    second message makes it clear that you are talking about the Menu Bar in
    Internet Explorer.

    It's tempting to try to delete those items from the Tools menu, but that's
    not how it works. Your nephew has (intentionally or not) invited malware
    onto your computer. This is sneaky stuff that bends and breaks the rules,
    making it very difficult to get it off the computer once it gets on. :>(

    Follow the advice given so often here and elsewhere: Run some good
    spyware/malware detection/cleaning programs, such as Ad-aware and Spybot
    Search & Destroy, which are recommended here several times a day and in all
    the leading computer magazines. Get the bad stuff off and practice "safe
    hex" after that to be sure that it doesn't come back - but run Ad-aware and
    Spybot regularly (weekly is NOT too often) to make sure it hasn't sneaked
    in. Especially if your nephew uses your computer again.

    Nobody but me uses my computer, so I've not studied how to keep unauthorized
    users from doing bad things to it. But it sounds like you need to learn how
    to do that. Many users here can help you.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    >I must be saying the wrong thing. when I open the internet
    > exployer, along the top is the
    > file..edit..view..favorites..tools and help menus. when i
    > drop down the tools menu, the palette there is where the
    > net2phone and internet sexployer ended up. There is the
    > syncronize, update, internet options, etc. This is the
    > place I need to try to get rid of those two names or
    > items. I checked in the control panel and they are not
    > listed as programs. I've tried right click and
    > customize...no luck.
    > thanks for listening and trying to help.

Taskbar Computers Microsoft Windows XP