  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 8, 2004 8:47:40 PM

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hello all,

is there a way to build a package that contains all the information to add a
VPN connection to a client? I would like to enter the VPN server name,
settings and possibly username and password and have it create an installer
to install the VPN connection on windows clients. any suggestions?

thanks!

-matt

More about : pptp package builder

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:31:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

You can use the Connection Manager Administrator Kit (CMAK) for creating
such a servie profile. More info can be had at:

Regards,
Ankit
rights."
"Matt Warnock" <warnockmREM@OVEcox.net> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> is there a way to build a package that contains all the information to add
> VPN connection to a client? I would like to enter the VPN server name,
> settings and possibly username and password and have it create an
installer
> to install the VPN connection on windows clients. any suggestions?
>
> thanks!
>
> -matt

Anonymous
October 22, 2004 1:03:04 AM

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

That's great, but I don't have windows 2003 server. This is to make a
connection to a Linux PPTP server.

do they make that for winxp or win2000?

"Ankit Mittal [MSFT]" <ankitm@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can use the Connection Manager Administrator Kit (CMAK) for creating
> such a servie profile. More info can be had at:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ankit
> --
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."
> "Matt Warnock" <warnockmREM@OVEcox.net> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> is there a way to build a package that contains all the information to
>> add
>> VPN connection to a client? I would like to enter the VPN server name,
>> settings and possibly username and password and have it create an
> installer
>> to install the VPN connection on windows clients. any suggestions?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> -matt

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 5:52:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras,microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

You can refer to the following link for using CMAK on Windows 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/advanced/help/d...

--

!