javascript?

August 31, 2004 3:02:43 PM

My new Dell Axim X30 has Windows Mobile 2003, and I am hooked into my
wireless network. Pocket Internet Explorer is fun, I can browse the
internet no problem. But some things don't work. Like webpages that have
javescript menus, or javascript "open link in new window" links. There is
no way for me to access certain sections of websites. Is there a javascript
setting somewhere? Or is it just not even supported?

Mike

More about : javascript

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 3:05:27 PM

PIE doesn't support JavaScript. You can try a third party solution like:
http://www.access-us-inc.com/Prod_NetFront_nf_ppc.html
The above is NetFront. It support Javascript 1.5.

http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/
Also Thunderhawk is another one to try.

--
Dave
www.davespda.com

"Michael J. Morrissey" <mmorrissey@poeandassociates.net> wrote in message
> My new Dell Axim X30 has Windows Mobile 2003, and I am hooked into my
> wireless network. Pocket Internet Explorer is fun, I can browse the
> internet no problem. But some things don't work. Like webpages that have
> javescript menus, or javascript "open link in new window" links. There is
> no way for me to access certain sections of websites. Is there a
javascript
> setting somewhere? Or is it just not even supported?
>
> Mike

August 31, 2004 8:13:09 PM

Buy Jeode from www.handango.com . I tried Netfront (too slow) and the
others.
Jeode actually works correctly.

"Michael J. Morrissey" <mmorrissey@poeandassociates.net> wrote in message
> My new Dell Axim X30 has Windows Mobile 2003, and I am hooked into my
> wireless network. Pocket Internet Explorer is fun, I can browse the
> internet no problem. But some things don't work. Like webpages that have
> javescript menus, or javascript "open link in new window" links. There is
> no way for me to access certain sections of websites. Is there a
javascript
> setting somewhere? Or is it just not even supported?
>
> Mike

September 1, 2004 11:39:59 AM

PIE actually support JScript, which is similar to Javascript, but very
restricted. Java support is non-existent though, unless using third party
software.

Access Netfront is the way to go...

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"David Conger, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <dave at davespda.com> wrote in
message news:uLTdaU4jEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> PIE doesn't support JavaScript. You can try a third party solution like:
> http://www.access-us-inc.com/Prod_NetFront_nf_ppc.html
> The above is NetFront. It support Javascript 1.5.
>
> http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/
> Also Thunderhawk is another one to try.
>
> --
> Dave
> www.davespda.com
> Microsoft MVP (Mobile Devices)
>
> "Michael J. Morrissey" <mmorrissey@poeandassociates.net> wrote in message
> > My new Dell Axim X30 has Windows Mobile 2003, and I am hooked into my
> > wireless network. Pocket Internet Explorer is fun, I can browse the
> > internet no problem. But some things don't work. Like webpages that
have
> > javescript menus, or javascript "open link in new window" links. There
is
> > no way for me to access certain sections of websites. Is there a
> javascript
> > setting somewhere? Or is it just not even supported?
> >
> > Mike

Anonymous
September 2, 2004 5:46:45 PM

But can U run java applets like go.icq.com or msn2go.com with Jeode ?
A friend from todopocketpc.com could using HP J720+Jeode4PPC2002+actefxxx.dll !

Cleverson A Izzo
Brazil MS-MVP Windows Mobile Devices
www.wince.com.br
Posted by PPCNewz
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 2:56:33 PM

You'll need netfront to run java (rather than javascript) I think. But
why would you want to run bloatware on your PPC ? ;-)

Cheers - Neil

!