128 VS 256 6600GT worth Xtra 50?

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
Im allllmost done now. Buying 2 of these type cards (third will be 7800gt or im reconsidering the ATI1800X but probg will go nvid)

Between the 128 and the 256 6600GT models, do you think the extra $50 is worth it ($100 for both)? The 2 girls getting these will play a few games, nothing intense, but prob do a bit of photo and video editing
whatcha think worth it..? Im really on the fence.
PS: If you wanna chime in on 7800GT VS 1800XT go for it, confuse me more~!

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
Youve been so great, i hate to do this, but one mo ting-
Being the 2 girls using these cards will both be doing phot/video editing..and theyll be hooked up to 37' LCD monitor/TVs i have also een reading up on Avivo since i heard of it. Im wondering if something with Avivo would work better for them. Especially since i found this Sapphire (a brand which i know nothing about) Yeah the mem is hugely impressive at 512mb (especially at this price, which seems-off) im also curious as to how the Nvidia compares with like video image quality
Thanks yet again,

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
If the system will not be used for gaming but rather for photo editing, the 6600GT is not the best choice--it is designed for gaming. Use NVIDIA Quadro cards for photo editing and the like. As for the Sapphire and Avivo, I know very little about them, but they are probably better suited for photo-editing than the GeForce 6600GT.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the GeForce 6600GT is a great card--it is designed for gaming though. NVIDIA geforce=gamer while NVIDIA Quadro=Graphics / Video editing. It'll work, just as Quadro cards aren't bad gamer cards, but--well I think my point has been made clear anyway.

RichPLS

Champion
WOULD YOU JUST ORDER IT ALREADY, OR YOU WON'T GET ANY POON THRU THE HOLIDAYS!!!! YOU ARE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE!!!! FOR THE LOST POON, YOU COULD AFFORD 3 HIS X1800XT'S!!!
MAKE THAT ORDER, ASAP!

**your wife**

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
If the system will not be used for gaming but rather for photo editing, the 6600GT is not the best choice--it is designed for gaming. Use NVIDIA Quadro cards for photo editing and the like. As for the Sapphire and Avivo, I know very little about them, but they are probably better suited for photo-editing than the GeForce 6600GT.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the GeForce 6600GT is a great card--it is designed for gaming though. NVIDIA geforce=gamer while NVIDIA Quadro=Graphics / Video editing. It'll work, just as Quadro cards aren't bad gamer cards, but--well I think my point has been made clear anyway.

The price difference between Quadro and GeForce is pretty significant though. If the guy is looking at 6600 GT price range, I'm assuming that he's buying on a budget. In that case...you may want to buy a Mac... 8O *dives for cover*

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
LOL~!

too bad i got no wifey
<---Single dad of 3 (and not part time, theyre here every day, which is the REAL reason im lacking in the poon dept)