TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Anyone have an LCD monitor 19" or bigger that is great for games?

I like crt's best, I just wanted to get some opinions...

Is 8ms really good enough?

AGAC

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
Try NEC 1970GX. I got it and it´s great for every game I throw at it. The THG gave it a bad review but mostly because it was too expensive at the time (more than $ 550). I got mine 3 weeks ago for $485 shipped and I am very happy with it. Very fast, bright, great DVI, there´s even a USB hub with 4 ports. Good materials, ergonomics and did I mention it´s very fast?

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
i dont know why, but i still havent jumped on the LCD bandwagon. I just dont feel they are of a high enough quality for games yet. Maybe in a year or two i'll join alll you guys, but at the moment im sticking with my 21" CRT (Samsung SM1100DF 21ins FST 0.20dpi ), much better value than any LCD and NO ghosting, and i can use whatever resolution i like.
LCD maybe the future, but im still stuck in the past :D

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hey quantumsheep, don't feel bad about being stuck in the past. I'm still CRT all the way. If it were just gaming, it might not be so bad. But the one thing that every LCD I've looked at sucks at, is crisp text. As a software engineer and (attempting to be) fantasy/sci-fi author, I look at an awful lot of text. Blurred characters just drive me crazy. So I'll take a good CRT any day of the week, even if it does barely fit on my desk. :lol: :lol: :lol:

almostdecent

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2005
Hey quantumsheep, don't feel bad about being stuck in the past. I'm still CRT all the way. If it were just gaming, it might not be so bad. But the one thing that every LCD I've looked at sucks at, is crisp text. As a software engineer and (attempting to be) fantasy/sci-fi author, I look at an awful lot of text. Blurred characters just drive me crazy. So I'll take a good CRT any day of the week, even if it does barely fit on my desk. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do a lot of writing myself, as a translator/journalist, and have had a ViewSonic VP930b for about 2 months now. I have no issues of blurry text with it. The reclaimed desk space and image quality among other things ensure I'll never go back to CRT.

Albert