In running Norton System works repair I get a message that "mscoree.dll" is
missing. The "One button Checkup" routiene reports the error fixed. The
error reports that the file is missing. Can the file be doswnloaded from
Microsoft. com. I have searched the home page of microsoft and cannot find
that file available.

--
Larry
Jesus Saves

map

"luckeyo" wrote:

> In running Norton System works repair I get a message that "mscoree.dll" is
> missing. The "One button Checkup" routiene reports the error fixed. The
> error reports that the file is missing. Can the file be doswnloaded from
> Microsoft. com. I have searched the home page of microsoft and cannot find
> that file available.
>
> --
> Larry
> Jesus Saves

If you don't have the dot net framework installed (through windows update)
this message will be displayed,if you dont want to install the framework
hotfix at this time the mscoree.dll missing msg. can be saftly ignored, there
really isn't anything wrong with your computer.
Dot net is a type of programming more and more applications will be going to
it you might want to install the hotfix,if you do install it you will see
another user account on your logon screen "asp.net" this is part of the
installation there is nothing to worry about it is there for security
reason's and is a limited account.

Hi Larry,

You may need to install the .net framework, see:

PRB: "Mscoree.dll Could Not Be Found" Err Msg w/ .NET Executable [Q316091]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316091

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"luckeyo" <star35@vcn.com> wrote in message
> In running Norton System works repair I get a message that "mscoree.dll"
> is
> missing. The "One button Checkup" routiene reports the error fixed. The
> error reports that the file is missing. Can the file be doswnloaded from
> Microsoft. com. I have searched the home page of microsoft and cannot find
> that file available.
>
> --
> Larry
> Jesus Saves

google search for it and install. I had the same problem

luckeyo wrote:

> In running Norton System works repair I get a message that "mscoree.dll" is
> missing. The "One button Checkup" routiene reports the error fixed. The
> error reports that the file is missing. Can the file be doswnloaded from
> Microsoft. com. I have searched the home page of microsoft and cannot find
> that file available.

If you aren't running the .NET framework, you can ignore this.

courtney sends....