Asus A8R-MVP VS Biostar VNF4UL

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
I have reconsidered which graph card to go with the Sapphire card instead of either the evga 256 or more likely the 128 model . Better pixel pipeline, wads more ram, and almost as good speeds (500core/780mem VS 500/1000 for 6600gt) plus im diggin the Avivo qualities for these non gamers, theyll be more into photo/video editing
BUT....should i bother switching from the Biostar NFUL (nonSLImodel) to the Asus or DFI (although i may be able to find a better model DFI, these are only 2 i know of that have crossfire capable chipset) This way i could crossfire these in future. Its def not a dealbreaker, but i figured id ask whatcha thought about going to those type boards. I was orginally gonna go with the Biostar VNFSLI but i wont bother if im getting the Sapphire card with it.
Questions is, is the Asus board any good..??

RichPLS

Champion
The Asus X8R-MVP is great!
**I actually am hoping so, I have one sitting on desk, with Opteron 175 installed, and 1 gig of Corsair eXpert RAM, 2 - 74gig Raptors, and 2-250gig WD's, a 16x Plextor DVD burner and a HiS X1800XT, now only waiting on case, keyboard, and misc components to come in for install!**
Best available ATI board currently, IMO. Good sound card onboard, and overclockable big time!

But you better order quick, I warned you about the poon! :wink:

RichPLS

Champion
The Asus X8R-MVP is great!
**I actually am hoping so, I have one sitting on desk, with Opteron 175 installed, and 1 gig of Corsair eXpert RAM, 2 - 74gig Raptors, and 2-250gig WD's, a 16x Plextor DVD burner and a HiS X1800XT, now only waiting on case, keyboard, and misc components to come in for install!**
Best available ATI board currently, IMO. Good sound card onboard, and overclockable big time!

But you better order quick, I warned you about the poon! :wink: