weak signal problem

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi all,

I have just set up a netgear wireless router to send to my desk top in
another part of the house, however the signal is very weak. I suspect this
may be due to the fact the house has solid brick walls.
any suggestions to ways in which I can increase the signal strength?
--
steve

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

You need to buy more Wireless hardware and extend the range of the Signal.

The best method depends on the specific environment; these pages describe
the most common options.

Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html

Jack (MVP-Networking)

"steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have just set up a netgear wireless router to send to my desk top in
> another part of the house, however the signal is very weak. I suspect this
> may be due to the fact the house has solid brick walls.
> any suggestions to ways in which I can increase the signal strength?
> --
> steve

I just fixed the same problem by purchasing a 10 ft. USB extension cord,
which allowed me to put the antena closer to the router.