bluey11

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
sorry guys but im kinda new and this is very urgent!!! 8O

im getting this motherboard tommorrow and i need to know if it will support crossfire by 9am, so i only have a few hours to find out.

i know the K8N Diamond PLUS does because ive seen it benchmarked on this website with a X1800 pro

the graphics cards i will be useing are the RX1600 XT also MSI

if anyone knows the answer to this...PLEASE help me out!!

sleepdeprived82

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Hello, your psot is a little confusing so I will try to help out the best I can.

If your asking will the rx1600xt work on the k8n motherboard then yes it will.

If your asking can you run crossfire on this board (2x ati cards running togehter) then no you can not, you can only run 2x nvidia cards not ati cards on this board.

This board supports sli not crossfire

bluey11

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
dammit...

thanks for answering, not the answer i wanted though...oh well

what video card would u reconmend out of these 2

MSI NX6600-VTD256E PCI-E
or
MSI ATI X1600PRO-TD256E PCIe

i will be running 2x one of these cards

i cant do 2x MSI ATI X1600PRO-TD256E PCIe on the K8n Diamond, so i might have to get the ATI mainboard...

RD480 Neo2

ill have to pick between nVIDIA and ATI again >.<

thanks

sleepdeprived82

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
The only crossfire motherboards at the monment (in uk) are from sapphire and DFI. The other makers are following suit but have not released a crossfire motherboards as yet. Your choice is limited if taking the crossfire option at the moment.

If i was you and from what most people say it is better to spend the money on one good card rather than two middlle of the road cards running sli. You will get better performance from the one better card.
There is a lot on the subject in the graphics card section.

bluey11

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
...one last question...

will the K8N Diamond EVER be able to support crossfire graphic cards???

do u think there will be an update eg, bios update etc

i mean the Diamond PLUS will do crossfire...and no where on the msi website does it say that the Diamond PLUS will do it, but it does

anyway...sorry to bother u...but can u please help me out here

thanks

sleepdeprived82

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I doubt very much that they will, I have never heard of crossfire working on SLi as they are different technologys.

Going Nvidia will be safest as ati is new technology at the moment and may have some probs. I origanly wanted a crossfire board but choice was to limited so just bought an expensive graphics card and a single slot motherboard.

As far as i know the Nvidia SLI ONLY on Nvidia chipset boards
ATI Crossfire ONLY on ATI Chipset mobos.

hope this helps

bluey11

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
ok im just gonna get what i was originally gonna get...

im gonna get a K8N Diamond and just hope that later down the track they make a suitable upgrade to make it support crossfire...or sumthing like that

i just wanna run 2x ati cards dammit >.<

anyways thankx for ur help...ill speak to yas soon

;)