Write to CD in Safe Mode

I have a Windows XP Home EMachine which won't boot except in Safe Mode. I'd
like to use my Restore CDs to recover, but I have a lot of family photos I'd
like to keep. Is there a way I can copy my picture files to CD in Safe
Mode. I have approximately 750Mb of files, so using floppies isn't a viable
option. Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
this machine, so I can't save to a network share. Please help!

Mark

Unless you are planning on something as drastic as formatting your
partitions on which you have your data (photos), repairing WINXP from the CD
will not erase your data (photos).

If your partitions are formatted FAT 32 (not NTFS) and you have a DOS boot
disk (WIN 98 variety) you can use that to boot and get CD support.

"Mark Layton" <mwlayton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP Home EMachine which won't boot except in Safe Mode.
>I'd
> like to use my Restore CDs to recover, but I have a lot of family photos
> I'd
> like to keep. Is there a way I can copy my picture files to CD in Safe
> Mode. I have approximately 750Mb of files, so using floppies isn't a
> viable
> option. Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
> this machine, so I can't save to a network share. Please help!
>
> Mark

Thanks for the input. I wish I had a real XP CD. Then there would be no
big problem. But I only have the eMachines "Restore CD". It completely
wipes the disk and restores it to the state it was when I bought it. All my
data - gone. So I need a way to save my pics before I wipe the disk and
restore XP. Any other ideas?

When I boot into Safe Mode, I can access the CD drive to read CDs, but I
can't write to the CD. Apparently that support is not loaded in Safe Mode.
Maybe there's a way to manually add CD write support once Safe Mode is
loaded.

Mark

Mark Layton wrote:
> Thanks for the input. I wish I had a real XP CD. Then there would
> be no big problem. But I only have the eMachines "Restore CD". It
> completely wipes the disk and restores it to the state it was when I
> bought it. All my data - gone. So I need a way to save my pics
> before I wipe the disk and restore XP. Any other ideas?

None whatsoever. You cannot burn discs from Safe Mode

> When I boot into Safe Mode, I can access the CD drive to read CDs,
> but I can't write to the CD. Apparently that support is not loaded
> in Safe Mode. Maybe there's a way to manually add CD write support
> once Safe Mode is loaded.

Nope. Damn, I bet you really wish you'd kept up with those weekly back-ups
now! No sympathy whatsoever, if your photos were that precious to you you'd
have backed them up long ago. As you haven't, I assume they're not, and you
can simply wipe and start over.

Guess you're learning an important lesson the hard way...

lose his marbles?

Can I make 2 suggestions.

Solution 1:

Find a friend with a PC. Take your hard disk out & put it into your friends
machine using the second IDE connection on the hard disk cable. When your
friend boots his computer open windows explorer and you will see two hard
disk drives - just copy the files you want to his disk, put your disk back
in your machine and restore it. When everything is working go back to your
friend and copy the files back again.

Solution 2:

Put a second hard disk in your machine - they cost very little - and copy
your files to it before restore. If you have an IDE cable with only one
connector you may have to buy a new cable as well. In future use an
automatic backup tool such as File SyncForce to dynamically backup all your
user files from one disk to the other then you are safe if you get a
catastrophic disk failure or another problem like this.

Good Luck.

"Mark Layton" <mwlayton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Windows XP Home EMachine which won't boot except in Safe Mode.
I'd
> like to use my Restore CDs to recover, but I have a lot of family photos
I'd
> like to keep. Is there a way I can copy my picture files to CD in Safe
> Mode. I have approximately 750Mb of files, so using floppies isn't a
viable
> option. Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
> this machine, so I can't save to a network share. Please help!
>
> Mark

You don't say but is the machine formatted in NTFS? If it is is you can
still access your data via DOS but it becomes slightly more complicated as
you will need NTFSDOS. NTFSDOS will allow you to read the data from your
WINXP volume an you can then write it to a CD.

I suggest you obtain a WIN 98 DOS boot disk (floppy). This is downloadable
from www.bootdisk.com. After you have this bootable floppy with CD support
you can read the WINXP volume and write you files to a CD provided the HDD
volume is formatted FAT. If it is formatted NTFS you must download and
install NTFSDOS to the floppy and you should be able to access your data and
write it to a CD.

Hope this helps.

> Thanks for the input. I wish I had a real XP CD. Then there would be no
> big problem. But I only have the eMachines "Restore CD". It completely
> wipes the disk and restores it to the state it was when I bought it. All
> my
> data - gone. So I need a way to save my pics before I wipe the disk and
> restore XP. Any other ideas?
>
> When I boot into Safe Mode, I can access the CD drive to read CDs, but I
> can't write to the CD. Apparently that support is not loaded in Safe
> Mode.
> Maybe there's a way to manually add CD write support once Safe Mode is
> loaded.
>
> Mark
>
> "Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Unless you are planning on something as drastic as formatting your
>> partitions on which you have your data (photos), repairing WINXP from the
> CD
>> will not erase your data (photos).
>>
>> If your partitions are formatted FAT 32 (not NTFS) and you have a DOS
>> boot
>> disk (WIN 98 variety) you can use that to boot and get CD support.
>>

>> "Mark Layton" <mwlayton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a Windows XP Home EMachine which won't boot except in Safe Mode.
>> >I'd
>> > like to use my Restore CDs to recover, but I have a lot of family
>> > photos
>> > I'd
>> > like to keep. Is there a way I can copy my picture files to CD in Safe
>> > Mode. I have approximately 750Mb of files, so using floppies isn't a
>> > viable
>> > option. Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet
>> > from
>> > this machine, so I can't save to a network share. Please help!
>> >
>> > Mark

Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with networking,
and transfer the files to another computer? Or how but physically moving
the hard drive to another computer and copying the data that way?

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----

> Mark Layton wrote:
>> Thanks for the input. I wish I had a real XP CD. Then there would
>> be no big problem. But I only have the eMachines "Restore CD". It
>> completely wipes the disk and restores it to the state it was when I
>> bought it. All my data - gone. So I need a way to save my pics
>> before I wipe the disk and restore XP. Any other ideas?
>

> None whatsoever. You cannot burn discs from Safe Mode
>
>> When I boot into Safe Mode, I can access the CD drive to read CDs,
>> but I can't write to the CD. Apparently that support is not loaded
>> in Safe Mode. Maybe there's a way to manually add CD write support
>> once Safe Mode is loaded.
>>

> Nope. Damn, I bet you really wish you'd kept up with those weekly back-ups
> now! No sympathy whatsoever, if your photos were that precious to you
> you'd have backed them up long ago. As you haven't, I assume they're not,
> and you can simply wipe and start over.
>
> Guess you're learning an important lesson the hard way...
>

> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

Hi Mark,
Maybe somebody here can tell us all if we have USB support in safe mode. If
we do, then one option would be to go get one of those usb drives. You can
get about 128 megs for $30 or so, and copy your photos to it, take it to a
2nd machine somewhere, put them there, etc. It would take about 6 trips.
If you get a 256 MB you can do it with fewer, etc. The other option is to
buy an external USB hard drive. I have one and it has saved me many times,
and also my firends, neighbors, and family members! You can get an 80 gig
or so for around $100 after rebates from Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. I
also bought an external CD burner that works through the USB port. It too
has been a life saver.

If safe mode doesn't support usb or you don't want to spend the cash, then
the guy who suggested pulling the hd and installing it as a slave in
somebody else's computer is the best bet. It's easy to do. You'll have to
see if his and yours are set to cable select or if they are both set to
master,etc. This is done via the tiny jumpers on the back of the hard
drives. If you opt to go that way and need help, repost and somebody'll
give you detailed instructions.

Did you read the OP?

" Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
this machine, so I can't save to a network share."

Puts "Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with networking, and transfer the files to another computer?" Why say it when the OP states that it is not possible?

--
Just my 2¢ worth,
Jeff
"P.Cyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message news:eNVeJxugEHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with networking,
| and transfer the files to another computer? Or how but physically moving
| the hard drive to another computer and copying the data that way?
|
| --
| Paul Cyr
|
| -----

tonys

:
: When I boot into Safe Mode, I can access the CD drive to read CDs,
: but I can't write to the CD. Apparently that support is not loaded
: in Safe Mode. Maybe there's a way to manually add CD write support
: once Safe Mode is loaded.
:
: Mark
Just a thought, I'm not sure but the restore CD may just the boot
partition. Do you have only one partition. Can you create another and
copy files to it.
TonyS
: "Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
: news:OVDiwzogEHA.396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
:: Unless you are planning on something as drastic as formatting your
:: partitions on which you have your data (photos), repairing WINXP
:: from the CD will not erase your data (photos).
::
[...]
:::
::: Mark

Do I understand correctly that a WIN 98 DOS boot disk that I can get from
www.bootdisk.com will allow writing to the CD? The disc drive is a single
FAT32 partition (C:), so NTFSDOS shouldn't be necessary. Thanks.

> You don't say but is the machine formatted in NTFS? If it is is you can
> still access your data via DOS but it becomes slightly more complicated as
> you will need NTFSDOS. NTFSDOS will allow you to read the data from your
> WINXP volume an you can then write it to a CD.
>
> I suggest you obtain a WIN 98 DOS boot disk (floppy). This is
downloadable
> from www.bootdisk.com. After you have this bootable floppy with CD
support
> you can read the WINXP volume and write you files to a CD provided the HDD
> volume is formatted FAT. If it is formatted NTFS you must download and
> install NTFSDOS to the floppy and you should be able to access your data
and
> write it to a CD.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> "Mark Layton" <mwlayton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the input. I wish I had a real XP CD. Then there would be
no
> > big problem. But I only have the eMachines "Restore CD". It completely
> > wipes the disk and restores it to the state it was when I bought it.
All
> > my
> > data - gone. So I need a way to save my pics before I wipe the disk and
> > restore XP. Any other ideas?
> >
> > When I boot into Safe Mode, I can access the CD drive to read CDs, but
> > can't write to the CD. Apparently that support is not loaded in Safe
> > Mode.
> > Maybe there's a way to manually add CD write support once Safe Mode is
> > loaded.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >> Unless you are planning on something as drastic as formatting your
> >> partitions on which you have your data (photos), repairing WINXP from
the
> > CD
> >> will not erase your data (photos).
> >>
> >> If your partitions are formatted FAT 32 (not NTFS) and you have a DOS
> >> boot
> >> disk (WIN 98 variety) you can use that to boot and get CD support.
> >>

> >> "Mark Layton" <mwlayton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Mode.
Safe

The drive on the machine is formatted as one 20GB FAT32 partition. I don't
have any nondestructive partitioning software like Partition Magic. Can
Fdisk create another partition from the unused space on my C: partition
without harming the existing structure?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mark
"TonyS" <t0ny2t0ne@ATT.not> wrote in message
> Mark Layton wrote:
> : Thanks for the input. I wish I had a real XP CD. Then there would
> : be no big problem. But I only have the eMachines "Restore CD". It
> : completely wipes the disk and restores it to the state it was when I
> : bought it. All my data - gone. So I need a way to save my pics
> : before I wipe the disk and restore XP. Any other ideas?
> :
> : When I boot into Safe Mode, I can access the CD drive to read CDs,
> : but I can't write to the CD. Apparently that support is not loaded
> : in Safe Mode. Maybe there's a way to manually add CD write support
> : once Safe Mode is loaded.
> :
> : Mark
> Just a thought, I'm not sure but the restore CD may just the boot
> partition. Do you have only one partition. Can you create another and
> copy files to it.
> TonyS
> : "Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> : news:OVDiwzogEHA.396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> :: Unless you are planning on something as drastic as formatting your
> :: partitions on which you have your data (photos), repairing WINXP
> :: from the CD will not erase your data (photos).
> ::
> :: If your partitions are formatted FAT 32 (not NTFS) and you have a
> :: DOS boot disk (WIN 98 variety) you can use that to boot and get CD
> :: support.
> ::
> ::
> :: "Mark Layton" <mwlayton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> :: news:rbCTc.171963$fv.8650@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> ::: I have a Windows XP Home EMachine which won't boot except in Safe
> ::: Mode. I'd
> ::: like to use my Restore CDs to recover, but I have a lot of family
> ::: photos I'd
> ::: like to keep. Is there a way I can copy my picture files to CD in
> ::: Safe Mode. I have approximately 750Mb of files, so using floppies
> ::: isn't a viable
> ::: option. Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet
> ::: from this machine, so I can't save to a network share. Please help!
> :::
> ::: Mark

tonys

Mark Layton wrote:
: The drive on the machine is formatted as one 20GB FAT32 partition. I
: don't have any nondestructive partitioning software like Partition
: Magic. Can Fdisk create another partition from the unused space on
: my C: partition without harming the existing structure?
:
: Thanks for taking the time to respond.
:
: Mark

Tough position. I don't think so. I would slave a 2nd HD in and copy
away but if you don't have one handy....
Or get flash card reader(usb) and borrow cards from all your friends
cameras.
Back to the real issue why does it only boot to safe mode. Fix that and
all this other stuff is moot.

:: Mark Layton wrote:
[...]
::::
[...]
:::::
::::: Mark

» mrtee « wrote:
> Did you read the OP?
>
> " Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
> this machine, so I can't save to a network share."
>
> Puts "Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode
> with networking, and transfer the files to another computer?" Why
> say it when the OP states that it is not possible?

Because Paulie is an idiot. He's 14, and responds to posts because he can't
be bothered to do his homework. I had a very interesting email exchange with
his father a while back. It seems that Paulie is banned from using the
computer, but he's obviously hacked it. Hopefully, it won't be long before
Daddy finds out (the trail of spyware and pornography should be a dead
giveaway).

I had him banned from Hotmail some time ago, but it seems that Hotmail's
promise to ban an offender for life is a complete fabrication. Never mind,
the second he steps over the line again...

lose his marbles?

Gottcha/

--
Just my 2¢ worth,
Jeff
"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message news:_FQTc.32392$Dz3.23015@fe48.usenetserver.com...
| Because Paulie is an idiot. He's 14, and responds to posts because he can't
| be bothered to do his homework. I had a very interesting email exchange with
| his father a while back. It seems that Paulie is banned from using the
| computer, but he's obviously hacked it. Hopefully, it won't be long before
| Daddy finds out (the trail of spyware and pornography should be a dead
| giveaway).
|
| I had him banned from Hotmail some time ago, but it seems that Hotmail's
| promise to ban an offender for life is a complete fabrication. Never mind,
| the second he steps over the line again...
|
| --
| My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
| lose his marbles?

MPT is a big fat poopie head.

In all honesty, I countered her points in another thread, but she seems
content to keep posting the same information, which is fine, if she was
correct in her arguments of my points. Oh wait! She never even tried to
argue them.

I also find it amusing how she posts personal information, but reports users
to their ISP if they do the same.

If she had a email conversation with my father, perhaps she would be so kind
to let us know his email address. Perhaps my father is the milk-man?

On that note, she says I don't do my homework, but hey, at least I know that
it's against MS's terms of use to insult other users.

abuse report sent to abuse@usenetserver.com
abuse report sent to abuse@microsoft.com

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----

"» mrtee «" <hingelicker at new.rr.com> wrote in message
Gottcha/

--
Just my 2¢ worth,
Jeff
| Because Paulie is an idiot. He's 14, and responds to posts because he
can't
| be bothered to do his homework. I had a very interesting email exchange
with
| his father a while back. It seems that Paulie is banned from using the
| computer, but he's obviously hacked it. Hopefully, it won't be long before
| Daddy finds out (the trail of spyware and pornography should be a dead
| giveaway).
|
| I had him banned from Hotmail some time ago, but it seems that Hotmail's
| promise to ban an offender for life is a complete fabrication. Never mind,
| the second he steps over the line again...
|
| --
| My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
| lose his marbles?

My mistake.

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----

"» mrtee «" <hingelicker at new.rr.com> wrote in message
Did you read the OP?

" Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
this machine, so I can't save to a network share."

Puts "Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with
networking, and transfer the files to another computer?" Why say it when
the OP states that it is not possible?

--
Just my 2¢ worth,
Jeff
"P.Cyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
| Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with
networking,
| and transfer the files to another computer? Or how but physically moving
| the hard drive to another computer and copying the data that way?
|
| --
| Paul Cyr
|
| -----

And look, unlike MPT, I actually apologize for making mistakes :O!

--
Paul Cyr

-----

> My mistake.
>
> --
> Paul Cyr
>
> -----
>
> The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com
>
> Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
> http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
> -----
>
> "» mrtee «" <hingelicker at new.rr.com> wrote in message
> Did you read the OP?
>
> " Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
> this machine, so I can't save to a network share."
>
> Puts "Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with
> networking, and transfer the files to another computer?" Why say it when
> the OP states that it is not possible?
>
> --
> Just my 2¢ worth,
> Jeff
> "P.Cyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
> | Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with
> networking,
> | and transfer the files to another computer? Or how but physically
> moving
> | the hard drive to another computer and copying the data that way?
> |
> | --
> | Paul Cyr
> |
> | -----

For the record here is that conversation:

See below

--
Paul Cyr

-----

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
-----

> PCyr wrote:
>> A FW is a f**kwit. It's a term the MPT uses often.
>>
>> If Zachary D. Wilson can not follow the rules by postdating and
>> spamming, then he should be banned.
>>
>> If MPT can not follow the rules by swearing and insulting other users
>> (deserving or innocent), then she should be banned.
>>
>> You don't actually thing that swearing at the guy is going to make
>> him stop? Do you? There is no justification for it, and it is rude
>> to the other users here that read MPT's profane posts.

> Paul I think I hear your mother calling you. Don't you have something to
> do,
> like tidying your bedroom, or washing the car? Or your homework.

Well your a poopie head! - You don't have anything better to say then
personal attacks? LOL! At least I'm able to attack your actions, instead
of arguing like a 5 year old and calling names that could apply to anyone.
You see, that's the difference between arguing well, and arguing like a 5
year old - when you argue well, you attack the facts at hand and point out
the flaws in the person's reasoning. When you argue like a 5 year old, you
say the same thing to everyone, regardless of what's being talked about, and
has no relevence to the arguement.

> If you're going to accuse someone of something, at least get your facts
> straight. I have never once used an obscenity anywhere in these groups.

Wow, for someone with an "English degree", you are sure having trouble
reading.

"...start with the moronic FW who deliberately..."

Now, let's take a look at the definition of obscenity:
(http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=obscenity)

4 entries found for obscenity.

ob·scen·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-sn-t, b-)
n. pl. ob·scen·i·ties
-The state or quality of being obscene.
-Indecency, lewdness, or offensiveness in behavior, expression, or
appearance.
-Something, such as a word, act, or expression, that is indecent or lewd.
-Something that is offensive or repulsive to the senses: "What had once been
a gentle hill covered with lush grass turned into a brown obscenity of bare
earth and smoke" (Tom Clancy).

Now, let's take a look at indecent, since this definition for obscenity is a
bit vauge (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=indecent):

2 entries found for indecent.

in·de·cent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-dsnt)
adj.
-Offensive to good taste; unseemly.
-Offensive to public moral values; immodest. See Synonyms at improper.

Hmm... so calling someone a moronic f**kwit isn't offensive to good taste?
Maybe in the streets of downtown New York or something.

> Back in the bozo-bin with you.

How do I keep getting out? You've said this about 5 times now, but I
somehow escape! Care to clarify?

------------------------------------
No repsonse from MPT on this post, and here is another one from the same
thread:
------------------------------------

LOL! Oh, I'm going to enjoy tearing into these "facts"

--
Paul Cyr

-----

> Nathan McNulty wrote:
>> First, what is a FW? Second, he has post dated 3 times and about
>> topics that don't have anything to do with this NG. He has spammed
>> this newsgroup about something he supposedly made (like anyone would
>> buy it anyways). He just needs to be banned if he can't follow the
>> guidelines.
>>
>> ----
>> Nathan McNulty
>>

> Ignore it, Nathan. Pot. Kettle. Paulie here has been banned from the
> groups
> at least once himself.

Really you ugly poopie head? I'm surprised I never realized that. Could
you tell me when that happened?

Oh, and yes, it is the pot calling the kettle black. Just do a search, and
you'll see users following me around, telling me to go to hell, and even
making entire threads complaining about me.

Oh wait, that never happened.

>I have had his Hotmail account terminated twice

Really? Which ones? I know there was the pcyr2000@hotmail.com, but what
was the other one?

> because he sent me a barrage of viruses and abusive emails.

Abusive, yes, containing viruses, no.

Oh, and it wasn't even a "barrage of ... abusive emails"

What was it, like 4, 5, or 6? (Rhetorical question BTW) On different days,
regarding different points.

>He is about 14

Stuck in a timewarp? When I started posting here I was 15, and that was
almost a year ago.

And what does age have to do with it? Does age somehow disqualify me from
making an arguement?

If I used you as an example, I'd say everyone over 40 or how ever old you
are can't make an arguement without slinging what's in their diapers at the
poster.

> and only posts here because he's procrastinating.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=procrastinating

So what am I putting off? I just got a new grade 11 chemistry credit at
summer school with an 89%. So what is it that I'm supposed to be doing, but
am not.

I see you got your crystal ball in the mail, and now know so much about me.

At least I don't call every other person a moronic f**kwit, who can spell,
while making my own share of spelling mistakes. So what is a brancell?

> Hotmail's T&C state that if you are banned from Hotmail you stay banned.
> They lie. Nevermind, he's back in the bozo-bin.

And yet I keep getting out! Something wrong with your mouse? Can't hit the
Block Senders List... selection without hitting Cancel?

And you really expect users to believe someone who's abusive to innocent
users, proven to lie and habitually acts like a hypocrite?

--
Paul Cyr

-----

> MPT is a big fat poopie head.
>
> In all honesty, I countered her points in another thread, but she seems
> content to keep posting the same information, which is fine, if she was
> correct in her arguments of my points. Oh wait! She never even tried to
> argue them.
>
> I also find it amusing how she posts personal information, but reports
> users to their ISP if they do the same.
>
> If she had a email conversation with my father, perhaps she would be so
> kind to let us know his email address. Perhaps my father is the milk-man?
>
> On that note, she says I don't do my homework, but hey, at least I know
> that it's against MS's terms of use to insult other users.
>
> abuse report sent to abuse@usenetserver.com
> abuse report sent to abuse@microsoft.com
>
> --
> Paul Cyr
>
> -----
>
> The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com
>
> Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
> http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
> -----
>
> "» mrtee «" <hingelicker at new.rr.com> wrote in message
> Gottcha/
>
> --
> Just my 2¢ worth,
> Jeff
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> | Because Paulie is an idiot. He's 14, and responds to posts because he
> can't
> | be bothered to do his homework. I had a very interesting email exchange
> with
> | his father a while back. It seems that Paulie is banned from using the
> | computer, but he's obviously hacked it. Hopefully, it won't be long
> before
> | Daddy finds out (the trail of spyware and pornography should be a dead
> | giveaway).
> |
> | I had him banned from Hotmail some time ago, but it seems that Hotmail's
> | promise to ban an offender for life is a complete fabrication. Never
> mind,
> | the second he steps over the line again...
> |
> | --
> | My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> | lose his marbles?

Ok, so having completely read the OP, why couldn't she have suggested to
take it to a computer repair shop, and have them copy the data onto a CD,
instead of making the situation sound hopeless?

--
Paul Cyr

-----

> And look, unlike MPT, I actually apologize for making mistakes :O!
>
> --
> Paul Cyr
>
> -----
>
> The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com
>
> Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
> http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
> -----
>
> "P.Cyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>> My mistake.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Cyr
>>
>> -----
>>
>> The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com
>>
>> Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
>> http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
>> -----
>>
>> "» mrtee «" <hingelicker at new.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Did you read the OP?
>>
>> " Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
>> this machine, so I can't save to a network share."
>>
>> Puts "Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with
>> networking, and transfer the files to another computer?" Why say it when
>> the OP states that it is not possible?
>>
>> --
>> Just my 2¢ worth,
>> Jeff
>> "P.Cyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>> | Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode with
>> networking,
>> | and transfer the files to another computer? Or how but physically
>> moving
>> | the hard drive to another computer and copying the data that way?
>> |
>> | --
>> | Paul Cyr
>> |
>> | -----

Sigh, I'm not going to have to start cutting and pasting responses to your
threads am I?

See below

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----

>» mrtee « wrote:
>> Did you read the OP?
>>
>> " Also, I have no access to another computer or the internet from
>> this machine, so I can't save to a network share."
>>
>> Puts "Did you ever consider telling the OP to boot into safe mode
>> with networking, and transfer the files to another computer?" Why
>> say it when the OP states that it is not possible?
>>

> <childish name calling sniped>, and responds to posts because he can't be
> bothered to do his homework.

You don't have anything better to say then
personal attacks? LOL! At least I'm able to attack your actions, instead
of arguing like a 5 year old and calling names that could apply to anyone.
You see, that's the difference between arguing well, and arguing like a 5
year old - when you argue well, you attack the facts at hand and point out
the flaws in the person's reasoning. When you argue like a 5 year old, you
say the same thing to everyone, regardless of what's being talked about, and
has no relevence to the arguement.

I don't do *my* homework? Out of the few times you actually help people,
you have made your share of mistakes.

>I had a very interesting email exchange with his father a while back. It
>seems that Paulie is banned from using the computer, but he's obviously
>hacked it. Hopefully, it won't be long before Daddy finds out (the trail of
>spyware and pornography should be a dead giveaway).

LMAO. So what is his email address? What's his name? Of course, there's
no way to confirm this.

It seems that you like to make me sound like a little kid, yet I'm able to
respond to your points with out name calling.

And what does age have to do with it? Does age somehow disqualify me from
making an arguement?

If I used you as an example, I'd say everyone your age can't make an
arguement without slinging what's in their toilet at the poster.

> I had him banned from Hotmail some time ago, but it seems that Hotmail's
> promise to ban an offender for life is a complete fabrication. Never mind,
> the second he steps over the line again...

Don't count on it. You actually taught me an important lesson when you were
going by a different alias; name-calling and mudslinging is the worse way to
argue, as it weakens your points, makes you sound immature, and makes it
seem like your not capable of arguing the points the person makes, but
instead have to resort to name calling.

Of couse, most of this I learned from you, or more accurately, as a result
of your posts and seeing how people responded to you.

And I've notified your ISP of your activities which have now lowered into
the realm of criminal. - It seems most governments (including yours,) frowns
on giving away personal information about other people without their
consent, as well as slander.

> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

You actually try to reason with Miss Terspicia Prick? One of her favorite
fantasies is how she's had dozens of people banned. The other is how she's
in tight with the MVPs, particularly Brucie and Cari. She's a waste of
oxygen.