DNS or DHCP problem???

mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

We have a new W2K server as PDC (in old NT network). It is
replacing an antique NT server that had a different IP but
the same machine name.

When I ping the server by netbios name, it is not found.
Indeed, the IP returned is the old one. I can, however,
ping direct by IP.

Where would the network be hiding the old address? I have
checked DNS, the other DHCP servers (on other subnets),
router tables, and even WINS. I can find no reference to
that machine name with the old IP.

HELP???

Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Did you check the host files of the machine you are pinging from?