Batch file to change IP Address ???

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 13, 2004 5:13:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Is there a way using a batch file to change the IP
settings in Window NT 4.0? ( I know netsh.exe can be used
in Win2k etc.
Thanks

More about : batch file change address

Anonymous
April 15, 2004 12:28:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

The only thing that I can think of is for DHCP...

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

But, I'm assuming that you would like to have a static IP
address?

April 15, 2004 12:39:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I would think that you could put a .reg file somewhere on
your network using the regedit /s xxxxxxx.reg command in
the batch file.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\E100B1
\Parameters\Tcpip]

July 1, 2012 9:08:02 AM

Charles said:
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Is there a way using a batch file to change the IP
settings in Window NT 4.0? ( I know netsh.exe can be used
in Win2k etc.
Thanks

hi charles
you can use code below in a .bat file to set static or dynamic IP addresses:

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp
Local Area Connection is your network interface name's.

netsh int ip set address name = "Local Area Connection" source = static addr = 10.100.0.100 mask = 255.255.255.0 gateway= 10.100.0.1

Good luck
!