Batch file to change IP Address ???

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Is there a way using a batch file to change the IP
settings in Window NT 4.0? ( I know netsh.exe can be used
in Win2k etc.
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about batch file change address
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    The only thing that I can think of is for DHCP...

    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

    But, I'm assuming that you would like to have a static IP
    address?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    I would think that you could put a .reg file somewhere on
    your network using the regedit /s xxxxxxx.reg command in
    the batch file.

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\E100B1
    \Parameters\Tcpip]

  3. Charles said:
    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    Is there a way using a batch file to change the IP
    settings in Window NT 4.0? ( I know netsh.exe can be used
    in Win2k etc.
    Thanks

    hi charles
    you can use code below in a .bat file to set static or dynamic IP addresses:

    netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp
    Local Area Connection is your network interface name's.

    netsh int ip set address name = "Local Area Connection" source = static addr = 10.100.0.100 mask = 255.255.255.0 gateway= 10.100.0.1

    Good luck

IP Address Microsoft TCP/IP Windows